FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM & Kernel] CyanogenMod 7

1,323 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,055

By Blagus, Inactive Recognized Developer on 30th April 2011, 04:07 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hi. I'd like to announce you that I'll try to port CM7 to Arc.

I need some people to test it too as I don't have Arc.
It'll be system.img flashable via fastboot. So, ANYONE?

Of course that you need unlocked bootloader because there's no other way of flashing system.img file except fastboot!

Note: be prepared to most probably lose all data to ensure that CM7 will run on clean system (to avoid any additional bugs).

Brick recovery:
If CM7 system.img ever bricks your phone, simply connect it to the fastboot and flash Bin4ry's rooted system.img (easiest way), or reflash with FlashTool.

Some kind of global EULA. Breaking these terms will reflect as stopping releasing progress to the public on some time.
*Do not remind me about posting my progress. I know that I have to post progress when there will be any, I'm not stupid.

*Do NOT ask me to switch to 2.3.4 CM7 because there are only nightly builds for a few devices.

*Do NOT mirror my files once they appear. Reasons:
1) With no mirrors I can keep track of download counter.
2) With no mirrors I ensure that all people download latest release, not some outdated file from mirror.
3) Mediafire is FREE and it has NO DOWNLOAD WAITING.

Everything I publish will be in this Mediafire folder. Again, don't mirror.

Update - 16th May: I have plans to make a custom kernel too. Wait for further info

Update - June 2011: Jerpelea has taken over CM7 development for Arc. FreeXperia project expanded to Xperia Arc and Play. Play will be maintained by me. Arc project closed - thread closed.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Blagus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blagus Ad-Free

30th April 2011, 04:16 PM |#2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,091

More
If you're happy to explain things in terms so simple a 5 year old can understand them, I'm happy to test for you...
The Following User Says Thank You to Step666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Step666 Ad-Free
30th April 2011, 04:21 PM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step666

If you're happy to explain things in terms so simple a 5 year old can understand them, I'm happy to test for you...

Do you have SIM-unlocked phone, and can you unlock bootloader?
The Following User Says Thank You to Blagus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blagus Ad-Free
30th April 2011, 04:24 PM |#4  
Retired Forum Moderator

More
I've already unlocked the bootloader.
And rooted via Bin4ry's method.

I'm working 12.00-16.00 (BST) tomorrow, then off 'til 12.00 (BST) on Wednesday, so I should be around quite a bit over the next few days.
30th April 2011, 04:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

I don't mind to being a tester for you unless you mind I am doing this during asian time zone
30th April 2011, 04:27 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've already unlocked the bootloader.
And rooted via Bin4ry's method.

I'm working 12.00-16.00 (BST) tomorrow, then off 'til 12.00 (BST) on Wednesday, so I should be around quite a bit over the next few days.

Great!!! Same way as you flashed Bin4ry's system.img, you'll flash this one too, so don't worry
30th April 2011, 04:31 PM |#7  
Retired Forum Moderator

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagus

Great!!! Same way as you flashed Bin4ry's system.img, you'll flash this one too, so don't worry

Sounds fine to me.

I'll spend this evening getting my Defy ready to use again, just in case...
30th April 2011, 04:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I'll be happy to test - I can also help with debugging and possibly porting too (no actual dev experience, but do have the ability to read and understand things, and have plenty of linux experience). I'll be able to test over the next 3 weeks, but I do have university exams, and they take priority obviously. Once those 3 weeks are over I'll have lots of spare time for a couple of months, so can help properly then! My phone is sim and bootloader unlocked, but not rooted at the moment.

Obviously, this is my main phone, so just for clarity, not doing anything that ca affect the ability of the phone to go into fastboot mode, correct?
The Following User Says Thank You to chriscpritchard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chriscpritchard Ad-Free
30th April 2011, 04:37 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sounds fine to me.

I'll spend this evening getting my Defy ready to use again, just in case...

Worst thing that can happen is that you'll have to reflash rooted system.img by Bin4ry. But better safe than sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscpritchard

I'll be happy to test - I can also help with debugging and possibly porting too (no actual dev experience, but do have the ability to read and understand things, and have plenty of linux experience). I'll be able to test over the next 3 weeks, but I do have university exams, and they take priority obviously. Once those 3 weeks are over I'll have lots of spare time for a couple of months, so can help properly then! My phone is sim and bootloader unlocked, but not rooted at the moment.

Obviously, this is my main phone, so just for clarity, not doing anything that ca affect the ability of the phone to go into fastboot mode, correct?

Correct.
30th April 2011, 04:39 PM |#10  
Retired Forum Moderator

More
Well, knowing me luck...

I know there shouldn't be any risk, it'd just be simpler for me to have a fully functional phone to use while the Arc is being tinkered with.
30th April 2011, 04:44 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well, knowing me luck...

I know there shouldn't be any risk, it'd just be simpler for me to have a fully functional phone to use while the Arc is being tinkered with.

Yes, if that's acceptable for you to have Arc for testing only, then cool!
It's always better to have backup phone so you have time to fix another one.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread