FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX] Smoothness on RUU 2.36.405.8 and Saga based ROMs

4,751 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,295

By gtg465x, Inactive Recognized Developer on 1st May 2011, 05:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Some people have been asking me why my Inspire ROM based on RUU 2.36.405.8 feels smoother than other ROMs using this base (when scrolling through home screens in particular). I again thought I should share with the community to improve all Desire HD ROMs.

It's as simple as dropping in a few libs from the 2.31 leak (libsurfaceflinger.so, libsurfaceflinger_client.so, and libpagemap.so to be exact). Hopefully HTC takes notice of both this and the wifi issue and fixes them both in future builds.

This will help both RUU 2.36.405.8 and Saga based ROMs.

Just flash through Clockwork Recovery.

It may seem simple, but it actually took me a long time to narrow down which exact files are required to fix the issue, so if you appreciate my work, donations of any amount are very much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip smoothness_fix_for_gingerbread_sense_roms.zip - [Click for QR Code] (260.4 KB, 3149 views)
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to gtg465x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtg465x Ad-Free

1st May 2011, 05:21 PM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag At home
Thanks Meter: 7,497

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg465x

Some people have been asking me why my Inspire ROM based on RUU 2.36.405.8 feels smoother than other ROMs using this base. I again thought I should share with the community to improve all Desire HD ROMs.

It's as simple as dropping in a few libs from the 2.31 leak (libsurfaceflinger.so, libsurfaceflinger_client.so, and libpagemap.so to be exact). Hopefully HTC takes notice of both this and the wifi issue and fixes them both in future builds.

This will help both RUU 2.36.405.8 and Saga based ROMs.

Just flash through Clockwork Recovery.

It may seem simple, but it actually took me a long time to narrow down which exact files are required to fix the issue, so if you appreciate my work, donations of any amount are very much appreciated.

nice one mate
1st May 2011, 05:23 PM |#3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 769

More
nice ... thanks for this.
1st May 2011, 05:24 PM |#4  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 769

More
capy 6.02 is back on track if not can u update your thread title to 6.01 ;0 please
1st May 2011, 05:56 PM |#5  
Bayonne
Thanks Meter: 10

More
AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have this ****ING lag !
My only solutino was to change the skin !
I test it !!!

edit : tested : works fine !!!!!
1st May 2011, 05:59 PM |#6  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Abakan
Thanks Meter: 11,639

Donate to Me
More
nice. thanks mate
1st May 2011, 06:33 PM |#7  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 84

More
my phones weather app started fc'ing after i flashed 6.0.2. up to then i only had the known sunday bug. after restoring to 6.0.1 fc'ing is no longer a problem. sunday bug persists.

also tried mdj's kernel v8. everything seemed fine at first. only problem was gps, wich couldn't find any satelites. now i'm on 6.0.1 with stock kernel and i just love all the working stuff. i trust, the few not working things can and will be fixed.

thanks for your work
1st May 2011, 06:38 PM |#8  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,295

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSand

my phones weather app started fc'ing after i flashed 6.0.2. up to then i only had the known sunday bug. after restoring to 6.0.1 fc'ing is no longer a problem. sunday bug persists.

also tried mdj's kernel v8. everything seemed fine at first. only problem was gps, wich couldn't find any satelites.

Did you mean to post this in the RCMix thread?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App
1st May 2011, 06:41 PM |#9  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 84

More
sure did. sorry.
1st May 2011, 07:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg465x

Bro, thank God for people like you! & no it's not simple to diagnose something, I know that.
Thank you, my DHD is flying again.
1st May 2011, 07:32 PM |#11  
Flag 52°30'N 05°25'E
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Works great many thanks!! (RCmix 6.0.0.2)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)