Quicker charging with asus ai charger?

3,347 posts
Thanks Meter: 968

By peachpuff, Senior Member on 1st May 2011, 07:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th March 2012, 03:04 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
this is a fast charge mod for the cable to charge your smartphones/tablets with microusb much faster

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22829766
The Following User Says Thank You to mox123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mox123 Ad-Free
20th July 2012, 02:58 PM |#12  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 13,780

More
MSI have one called "SuperCharger" which is for iPhones and iDevices, works perfectly fine with ALL my other devices though since all it does it switch the USB power form 3v to 5v.
15th November 2012, 10:28 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm using Asus Ai charger on my kindle fire , rooted and running rom "gedeROM-KFire-CM9-26-6-2012"

but the icon on the taskbar still has a red x on it but it is charging faster, make sure you inable it in bios and install ai charger drivers and use one of the two usb 3.0 ports on ur mobo. Charging pretty fast for me
4th January 2013, 07:56 AM |#14  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is it working with Galaxy Tabs?
5th January 2013, 04:07 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compfast

I'm using Asus Ai charger on my kindle fire , rooted and running rom "gedeROM-KFire-CM9-26-6-2012"

but the icon on the taskbar still has a red x on it but it is charging faster, make sure you inable it in bios and install ai charger drivers and use one of the two usb 3.0 ports on ur mobo. Charging pretty fast for me

ai charger works only with apple devices so it charges but it charges at half speed of what your device can charge.
16th March 2013, 08:56 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have the Asus Crosshair Formula V motherboard and AI Charger+ does work with my Galaxy S3. I downloaded a charge current monitoring app for my S3 and (using the USB3 port) it detects 0.466A with AI Charger+ disabled and 1.2A with AI Charger+ enabled.
6th April 2013, 10:23 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartekxx12

I have the Asus Crosshair Formula V motherboard and AI Charger+ does work with my Galaxy S3. I downloaded a charge current monitoring app for my S3 and (using the USB3 port) it detects 0.466A with AI Charger+ disabled and 1.2A with AI Charger+ enabled.

Get Asus USB Charger+ instead. Supports all devices. My P8Z77-V Pro motherboard delivers a 1790mA current to my Note 2.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartiniGM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MartiniGM Ad-Free
22nd June 2013, 09:30 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
AI charge work for me on Asus sabertooth 990fx rev1.0 and SGS-i9500 (usb 3 only support 1000mA power)

Logcat says: current avg:1000

And samsung realy charges fast!!!
16th June 2016, 04:21 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
i found way to charge android device with 1.2A

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

use power bank cable and connect to
*usb3 port upto 1200mA outpot
*usb2 port up to1000mA outpot
saeid from iran
11th December 2016, 04:27 AM |#20  

More
Here are a few more details about the MSI Super Charger just to give you an idea about some of it's specs and overall speed.

http://vkrepair.com/msi-super-charger/
5th August 2017, 02:36 PM |#21  
Flag Lakewood

Donate to Me
More
this is the test i did and the results
[QUOTE=peachpuff;13376760]So asus has this little utility that changes the usb settings and sends upto 1.2A to your iphone/ipad though a regular usb slot(works on non-asus mobo's too), problem is it doesn't work on any other device except apples.
Does anyone have an idea what exactly this utility changes in the usb settings?

so i use the Asus Ai charger feature and a qualcomm quick wall charger 2.0, useing AccuBattery to monitor the charge results

each test was done as follows. plug it in wait a few minute for it to average out then record the info also i use the asus AI charger off and on to see if there is any difference
"Wall charger" ibb . co / hxsTEv "Asus AI Charger OFF" ibb . co / dYP8Ev "Asus AI Chaerger ON" ibb .co / msqgZv (sorry for the links i cant get into my old account and i cant post links yet on this new one so take the spaces out and use the links to see pics)

so the test obviously shows that the AI charger is working faster then the wall charger with it on and "Pic of wall charger incase your interested" ( ibb . co / n798Ev) the wall charger would range from 700 mA to 900 mA, were the asus charge OFF would range from 150 to 400mA and with it ON it would range from 900 to 1400mA. and i guess i should point out this is being done using a LG G5 with a Type C charge cable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)