Post Reply Email Thread
28th August 2013, 10:15 PM |#6721  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
New phones:

A helpful person with access to several new phones has sent me debug logs and success/failure reports. Thanks !

These are all stock and unrooted.

Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005: No stock FM app included and Spirit won't run. Uses a Broadcom combo chip. When rooted I'd bet I find the FM antenna pin is grounded, same as on all GS4 variants.

Sony Xperia Z1 Honami: Works fine with Audio-> Method set to "Sony Z...".

Sony Xperia Z Ultra: Works fine with Audio-> Method set to "Sony Z...".

HTC One Mini: Works fine.

Also I've seen Xperia M works, but not sure about audio yet. Uses Qualcomm OEM API, but Qualcomm low level may also work on stock, unrooted, as well as "STE/Android" API.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free

28th August 2013, 10:18 PM |#6722  
Flag Vitoria
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

New phones:

None?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 4
28th August 2013, 10:23 PM |#6723  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aavvaallooss

None?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 4

Check again.

I try to reserve posts that end in number 1 for info I link from post #1.
28th August 2013, 10:32 PM |#6724  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfish

I guess maybe the influx of questions might be because the HOX+ went official CM recently.

I'm sure you're right.

What's frustrating is that the ALSA audio driver controls look exactly the same as OneX International.

EDIT: There's only 5 ALSA controls, so all I can think of is sending different values to a few of them. Maybe I can post an update with test functions that allow trying different values. Then again, the config files I've looked at seem to indicate control numbers are the same.

And I've got all these recent HTC phones for testing, and they all have different FM chips and FM/audio architectures: OneX International, OneX LTE, One.

The X+ has 2 variants (I think ? LTE ? enrc2b vs evitareul) and seems less popular than any of these 3 HTC phones I have.

So I have no plans to buy a OneX+. I still kind of regret getting the OneX International with the same Tegra, in part because the audio chip is mysterious and mostly inaccessible, which has resulted in no digital FM audio on a recent high end device. All other recent high end devices I've bought in 2012 & 2013 have digital audio in Spirit.
29th August 2013, 05:28 AM |#6725  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfish

Any sign of support for the One X+ on custom roms, specifically CM?

Try this test release: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/imM

If still no audio, try these Audio-> Method settings:

HTC OneX/X+ Int
HTC OneX/X+ Int ALSA
Sony/QC Intent
30th August 2013, 06:02 AM |#6726  
Flag McMinnville, TN
Thanks Meter: 24

More
My take on FM and carriers blocking it... "

I use my 12GB per month (of unlimited) for streaming radio only. With a bit of YouTube in there too. But it adds up. FM radio doesn't use data. Simply put carriers and FM radio is kind of like the prohibition of the 20s. The government didn't care if people drank. But when they couldn't tax it that's when they started prohibition. Same for FM since the carriers can't charge a monthly use fee then they block it. If they could ever get money from FM radio use they'd be all for it!"

Sent from my (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 using the XDA app!
30th August 2013, 11:31 AM |#6727  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmguy

My take on FM and carriers blocking it... "

I think in Europe (at least) it's not quite so naked commercial. Quite simply the authorities want to refarm the spectrum for data services. FM, convenient as it is for consumers, is an inefficient use of spectrum. That's why cars replaced horses as a means of mass transport. It's called progress. As usual, whenever humans are involved, everything is out of synch, though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mervluk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mervluk Ad-Free
30th August 2013, 09:28 PM |#6728  
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Hey Mike! I finally took the chance and moved my S3 from CM 10.1 to CM 10.2.

Mostly all stuff works fine, Spirit included, however, I noticed a behaviour that happened a long ago on CM 10.1 .. and that is whenever I listen to Spirit FM, and I stop the app as normally, I can't get any sound out from the speaker or call speaker untill I reboot. Once rebooted everything works fine.

Let me know if you need me to try any debug log.
30th August 2013, 10:12 PM |#6729  
Flag Hobro
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielalarcon

Mostly all stuff works fine, Spirit included, however, I noticed a behaviour that happened a long ago on CM 10.1 .. and that is whenever I listen to Spirit FM, and I stop the app as normally, I can't get any sound out from the speaker or call speaker untill I reboot. Once rebooted everything works fine.

A solution to this is to enable Power restart media in the debug settings, but i don't think it should be needed on the GS3.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lagkage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lagkage Ad-Free
30th August 2013, 11:59 PM |#6730  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielalarcon

If you're a customer you can Menu-> Test-> Email-> Logs.

It works fine on my GT-I9300, running the latest CM10.2 with just about everything set to default.

If you have Unlocked you can set Audio-> Method to "Digital Auto" and see if that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
31st August 2013, 12:25 AM |#6731  
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

If you're a customer you can Menu-> Test-> Email-> Logs.

It works fine on my GT-I9300, running the latest CM10.2 with just about everything set to default.

If you have Unlocked you can set Audio-> Method to "Digital Auto" and see if that helps.

1. Yes, I have the UL version
2. I enabled the suggestion of power media and worked, I had it set to automatic then changed it to enable
3. Set it back again to auto and now it works, I tried several restarts and scenarios
4. I use digital audio since a few months back, works like a charm

I will send a log anyway in case there's something there to find.

Thanks for answering! Great support as always.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
spirit fm radio receiver ota

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)