Rom based on Official B160.
- Kernel from genolokar (available here), see note 1 below for overclocking info.
- Rooted and latest SuperUser
- Native froyo wifi tethering
- WyContacts 1.2 and XDA Dialer 30.1 (turn to silence, blacklist, many other features)
- CM 6.1 Email app and wallpapers
- Launcher Pro 0.8.5
- Some build.prop tweaks
- Same enhancements that are claimed for B160 (better call quality, better wireless, better camera)
- Installation will not format /data or remove apps from /cust. For some roms (unicom in particular) this will cause problems due to some incompatibilities, and will require a factory reset to function correctly.
BIG THANKS to genokolar for creating the new kernel
- Clockworkmod recovery (available here)
- Should be compatible with all rom and cust versions, though as stated some will require a factory reset. Please post your findings.
- Complete rom with all fixes and 1.5Ghz kernel: http://www.multiupload.com/0HR8W3BMUR (updated 15/5/11)
- Update with all fixes and 1.5GHz kernel http://www.multiupload.com/OISOHEHTDP
- 1.8Ghz Kernel (use above download to revert to 1.5GHz kernel): http://www.multiupload.com/T7C4N0Q1CQ
- Copy update.zip to your sdcard
- Boot to clockworkmod recovery
- (Optional) Perform a full backup [see note 2]. After backing up reboot recovery (in the advanced menu)
- Apply update from sdcard
- After update is compete wipe dalvik cache (in the advanced menu)
- Reboot to system. First boot will be slow as it rebuilds the dalvik cache so be patient, successive boots will be back to normal.
- (Optional) If everything is fine delete the backup from step 3 and if you like do another backup
- By default the kernel is set to the default cpu governor and clock speed. If you would like to overclock I suggest using setcpu (available here)
- Be aware that after applying this you won't be able to restore the full backup unless you either revert to the original rom, or change the boot image. The purpose of the backup is instead to have a backup of /data just in case something goes wrong.