FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Advent Vega Dock

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By breakthru_sep, Member on 2nd May 2011, 01:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anybody seen the Advent Vega Dock being sold outside the UK? I've only seen PC World and Dixons having the dock in stock and they don't ship it to where I live...

13th May 2011, 12:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi

If you locate one, please can you pm me.

Thank you
23rd May 2011, 02:12 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Advent Vega is UK model. Rest of the Europe call it Mobii Point of View Tegra 10". They are the same inside, only logo on the back is different.
25th May 2011, 08:49 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Pov is heavier (730g) a bit,and no bluetooth, so not just label is different

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_tablet_PCs

update:
wiki updated pov feature list, now has bluetooth, only weight is different
25th May 2011, 02:56 PM |#5  
Flag Fagersta
Thanks Meter: 54

More
but i would guess that the dock is the same to both tablets, i got one and it has 3 USB 1 HDMI 1 headphones (stereoplug) and a powerplug.

and it looks like this

So buying a dockingstation for a PoV Mobii 10 would work just as well as trying to get one from the U.K.
6th June 2011, 04:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Anyone find a Vega Dock "IN" the UK right now, cant find one online or in the store i tried ..
7th June 2011, 11:09 PM |#7  

More
I must of been really lucky on Sunday when I bought my Vega at Pcworld Chelmsford cos there was a dock sitting on the shelf below!!!!

Sorry to say it was the only one left
The Following User Says Thank You to inforce For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inforce Ad-Free
8th June 2011, 05:48 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inforce

I must of been really lucky on Sunday when I bought my Vega at Pcworld Chelmsford cos there was a dock sitting on the shelf below!!!!

Sorry to say it was the only one left

Good to know, guess i have to trawl all stores nearby to check if we have any on shelves .. there is none on the websites and the currys store i was in the other day did a check for the dock in stock then checked pcworld stock levels and told me there was none... Given your result its worth a look i think... Failing that i may take a chance on one for the Pov Mobii 10 dock shipped from europe and see if that works..
11th June 2011, 12:30 AM |#9  
Flag Corby

More
I have been trying to get a dock for the vega for weeks but PC World etc were of no help so after a bit of investigation I found that the viewsonic viewpad 10s dock was the same as the vega, There are several company's on the net selling them. I got mine from cbccomputers.com for only £20.10 and they do free p&p for orders over £10

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to m1ch4el_mc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m1ch4el_mc Ad-Free
11th June 2011, 12:36 PM |#10  
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ch4el_mc

I have been trying to get a dock for the vega for weeks but PC World etc were of no help so after a bit of investigation I found that the viewsonic viewpad 10s dock was the same as the vega, There are several company's on the net selling them. I got mine from cbccomputers.com for only £20.10 and they do free p&p for orders over £10

Cheers for that, I just picked one up.
http://store.cbccomputers.com/produc...=VPAD-DOCK-001
13th June 2011, 03:58 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ch4el_mc

Thanks, i just ordered one from there too

Edit: meh they sent a mail telling me it was out of stock.. hunt continues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)