Unable to Haz Root (log attached)

1,903 posts
Thanks Meter: 469

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2011, 12:22 AM |#11  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Best way to root, install Xrecovery and JIT enable your phone is via Flash Tool. I'm on AT&T too, and found it rather simple.

Follow the guide found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1012380

Make sure you have installed java on your computer.
Also, do not mount your SD card. While your phone is on, connect your phone via usb and hit root once your phone is recognized.

I'm not sure if this is necessary for rooting but for flashing purposes you need to connect your phone via pc companion or SEUS. Check to see if you have the latest firmware and set your phone up to flash new firmware. The computer will install flash drivers onto your computer. You don't have to install the latest AT&T firmware if there is one. You just want to have those flash drivers on your PC.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to sopdogg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sopdogg Ad-Free
3rd May 2011, 12:24 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Corona, CA

Donate to Me
More
ok, so i was trying to follow the AT&T giude from 1.6 -2.1, which says update then root, should I go back to 1.6 and try universalandroot or z4root, root first, then update? or will I lose root when I update? Thanks guys.

installed PC companion update my driver, but still no adb devices cannot connect to daemon, and SOC 1.5.5 failed

I installed SEUS on my other PC too, didnt seem to change much, drivers were the same.

this is crazy, what should i do guys? use pc companion to repair? go back to 1.6 and try rooting then update??
3rd May 2011, 12:39 AM |#13  
Flag Portland

More
Just use flash tool and press root if you just want to root. You don't have to sideload any apps which is blocked by AT&T anyways.

Update to 2.1 in order to install xrecovery. Once done updating, root it afterwards by pressing the root button on flash tool. No need to go back to 1.6 just to root. Just follow the guide and then you can install any rom you want. The Agent got your back.
The Following User Says Thank You to sopdogg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sopdogg Ad-Free
3rd May 2011, 01:11 AM |#14  
Flag Portland

More
Ok, so I re-read your thread. Let me summarize what I know.
1. Flash tool says you have root after your phone rebooted
2. You can not install busybox via flash tool

It might be that your phone is already rooted. If you tried to install busybox or xrecovery through flash tool and have seen that the advanced options are greyed out, it is because you need to press "ask root permissions" and then accept on your phone.

Also check to see if superuser is working correctly, Install Titanium backup to check. Install it from the marketplace open it up. A box should pop up saying "Allow Root Access"?
If so, then you have done it correctly.

I'm not keen with all the coding so I don't know how to read those logs you have noted.

Try pressing root again on flash tool and let it reboot, let me know what you see afterwards.
3rd May 2011, 01:40 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Corona, CA

Donate to Me
More
TYhanks for the help , I appreciate it guys.
im at my home laptop with win7 64 bit and adb devices shows serial number connected. adb push gives me cannot connect to daemon error, and super one click fails. I have busybox and superuser .apks installed from astro but both not "fully" installed without root. I know how to check for root, and I do not have it even when flashtool tells me I should. Really strange. what is going on??

ok, didnt want to do it, but im going to try the old way, with the 3 .bat files, is this a good idea? wish me luck! (if i can find clearer instructions)

cant go to sony ericsson unlock bootlloader online with IMEI, becuase its a loaner and says invalid IMEI... *double facepalm*!
3rd May 2011, 01:50 AM |#16  
Flag Portland

More
I had those same issues with my 64bit windows 7 too. I think it has to do with Java and how adb tools works better with 32 bit. Troubleshooting your computer and phone might be the way to go.

Make sure on your phone you have usb debugging clicked via Settings>applications>Development. Also, just for the hell of it, click unknown sources.

Make sure on your computer, UAC/User Access Controls is turned off. If you recently installed java, reboot your computer.

After reboot, restart cmd and get into your adb folder. Type adb devices. Should show if you have your phone connected/computer recognizes your phone.
3rd May 2011, 01:50 AM |#17  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrotolo

TYhanks for the help , I appreciate it guys.
im at my home laptop with win7 64 bit and adb devices shows serial number connected. adb push gives me cannot connect to daemon error, and super one click fails. I have busybox and superuser .apks installed from astro but both not "fully" installed without root. I know how to check for root, and I do not have it even when flashtool tells me I should. Really strange. what is going on??

ok, didnt want to do it, but im going to try the old way, with the 3 .bat files, is this a good idea? wish me luck!

Start over with new download of Flash Tool and 2.1.A.0.435 ftf firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentJBM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentJBM Ad-Free
3rd May 2011, 01:57 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Corona, CA

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation this is terrible!
will try to reflash the 2.1 update again.

relashed fine, without rebooting, ran Root option from flashtool, says should be rooted after reboot, havent rebooted yet, but definetly no root.

F%ck! after flash tool finishes and reboot still zilch! I dont think flashtool is installing superuser, here's a log, man this is awful!

02/022/2011 20:22:40 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
02/022/2011 20:22:54 - ERROR - Cannot identify your device. Found while expecting X10, E10, U20 or E15 (read from ro.product.model from build.prop)
02/022/2011 20:22:54 - INFO - Selecting from user input
02/023/2011 20:23:17 - INFO - Connected device : X10
02/023/2011 20:23:23 - INFO - Installed version of busybox : * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
02/023/2011 20:23:29 - INFO - Pushing .\custom\root\busyboxX10 to /data/local/tmp/busybox
02/023/2011 20:23:40 - INFO - Running busyhelper
02/023/2011 20:23:45 - INFO - Pushing .\custom\root\givmeroot.tar to /data/local/tmp/
02/023/2011 20:23:51 - INFO - Running part1 of Root Exploit, please wait
02/023/2011 20:23:55 - INFO - Running rootit
02/024/2011 20:24:07 - INFO - Running part2 of Root Exploit
02/024/2011 20:24:08 - INFO - Running rootit2
02/024/2011 20:24:10 - INFO - Finished!.
02/024/2011 20:24:10 - INFO - Root should be available after reboot!
02/025/2011 20:25:06 - ERROR - Cannot identify your device. Found while expecting X10, E10, U20 or E15 (read from ro.product.model from build.prop)
02/025/2011 20:25:06 - INFO - Selecting from user input
02/025/2011 20:25:10 - INFO - Connected device : X10
02/025/2011 20:25:10 - INFO - Installed version of busybox : /system/bin/busybox: not found

strange.. now i cant seem to get adb devices, with the latest drivers, to show anything.. cant connect to daemon... give me a break.
Attached Files
File Type: txt flashtool_2011-05-02_08-22-40.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 0 views)
3rd May 2011, 03:07 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Corona, CA

Donate to Me
More
24 hour bump! hopeless
3rd May 2011, 03:58 AM |#20  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Hate to say it, but it sounds like a isolated issue. Thousands of people used the flash tool and superoneclick successfully. Are you sure you selected the next tab, "root permissions" after root? You need to do that to install SuperUser and Busybox.

Also, antivirus should be disabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentJBM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentJBM Ad-Free
3rd May 2011, 03:59 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentJBM

Hate to say it, but it sounds like a isolated issue. Thousands of people used the flash tool and superoneclick successfully. Are you sure you selected the next tab, "root permissions" after root? You need to do that to install SuperUser and Busybox.

Yeah it has to be either his computer or something he's doing wrong... works for literally everyone else who has tried
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)