FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[NIGHTLY][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for Samsung Vibrant (vibrantmtd)

2,189 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,725

By atinm, Retired Recognized Developer on 3rd May 2011, 06:22 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
We are no longer supporting the Vibrant due to the inability to dial 911. We consider the issues related to this unresolvable without source code from Samsung related to the Radio interface layer and its interactions with the Audio layers and have taken the decision to no longer support this. We apologize for the inconvenience and strongly suggest that Vibrant users use a Samsung ROM due to the 911 issues with any ROMs based on open source code.

There are many apps on the Market that will allow you to save and restore your data to a Samsung ROM so you should be able to get back to a working state easily.

Q: How do I go back to a Samsung stock ROM?
A: The easiest way is to go back to stock using Odin and flashing a full stock firmware (including PIT file) with repartition checked. Do a Titanium Backup of your data and save it. Then use Odin to go back to stock. CM7 installs a different file system, therefore you have to use Odin to go back to stock file system. After that you can flash whatever other Samsung based ROM you want to restore your data.

Q: Why is the thread closed?
A: We do not take insults and threats lightly and have no wish to continue interacting with the developers and/or users who would like to keep at it in the threads we started. As the device is no longer supported, and we've disabled futures builds for Vibrant, this thread is now closed.
The Following 169 Users Say Thank You to atinm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atinm Ad-Free

3rd May 2011, 06:22 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Saved this post
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to atinm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atinm Ad-Free
3rd May 2011, 06:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 460

More
New thread? Nice!

Sent from my CM7 powered beast
3rd May 2011, 06:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 485

More
hey atinm, did you guys get the symlinks issue figured out so that the rmmod commands work?

I ask because if so, then suggesting people get the paid voodoo control app will give people the latest voodoo sound modules regardless of the kernel they use. The problem is, if the symlinks aren't working properly, then it takes a bit of manual configuration in the voodoo paid app to get voodoo sound working properly (i.e. you have to have a kernel with voodoo sound compiled it).

I'll also test the newest build tonight when i get time to see how things are (currently running the 4/21 nightly).
3rd May 2011, 06:39 PM |#5  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffcorey

hey antim, did you guys get the symlinks issue figured out so that the rmmod commands work?

I ask because if so, then suggesting people get the paid voodoo control app will give people the latest voodoo sound modules regardless of the kernel they use. The problem is, if the symlinks aren't working properly, then it takes a bit of manual configuration in the voodoo paid app to get voodoo sound working properly (i.e. you have to have a kernel with voodoo sound compiled it).

I'll also test the newest build tonight when i get time to see how things are (currently running the 4/21 nightly).

Symlinks are fixed in the 05/01 update.
3rd May 2011, 06:47 PM |#6  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

hey antim

Atin

Quote:

did you guys get the symlinks issue figured out so that the rmmod commands work?

Yes, it has been figured out. We will release a very big update soon that fixes a lot of stuff, including paths.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atinm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atinm Ad-Free
3rd May 2011, 07:00 PM |#7  
Flag Des Moines
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Do we still need to mute and unmute for incoming call mic to work?
3rd May 2011, 07:06 PM |#8  
Flag burbank, ca
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Post My Input..
You're probably already aware of this, but I found Google Maps no longer has the two-finger stuff available - dragging down to activate 3D views or being able to spin the map to a new direction.
3rd May 2011, 07:20 PM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Flag Wood River, IL
Thanks Meter: 719

More
pretty excited about this... been waiting for a while for *TRUE* CM7 to come to the vibrant... cant wait, and thank you
3rd May 2011, 07:23 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 485

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atinm

Yes, it has been figured out. We will release a very big update soon that fixes a lot of stuff, including paths.

Since you've fixed the symlink problems, you might put in the op about how the paid voodoo control app will give you the latest voodoo sound regardless of the kernel.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to geoffcorey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geoffcorey Ad-Free
3rd May 2011, 07:26 PM |#11  
Queens, NY
Thanks Meter: 4

More
if we are coming from MIUI do we just do steps 10-15?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread