Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

CyanogenMod 7 for Vibrant Q&A

2,189 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,725

By atinm, Retired Recognized Developer on 3rd May 2011, 06:25 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
CyanogenMod 7 (w/ Gingerbread 2.3.4) for Vibrant

Not supported anymore due to issues with dialing 911. We strongly suggest that Vibrant users of CM7 save their data and install a Samsung ROM and restore data to it
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atinm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atinm Ad-Free

3rd May 2011, 06:26 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Save this post
3rd May 2011, 11:18 PM |#3  
Flag Montgomery
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Since this obviously replaced the previous CM information. There is still no gps support, correct? I know it was stated in all of the old info, but I didn't see any mention of it in the new logs. I just wanted to confirm prior to going ahead with the installation.
3rd May 2011, 11:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyrinx

Since this obviously replaced the previous CM information. There is still no gps support, correct? I know it was stated in all of the old info, but I didn't see any mention of it in the new logs. I just wanted to confirm prior to going ahead with the installation.

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod...s/detail?id=95
3rd May 2011, 11:33 PM |#5  
Flag Montgomery

More
Excellent. Thanks. A simple "No" would have sufficed, but I do appreciate the link to current issues.
3rd May 2011, 11:56 PM |#6  
Flag Frisco, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,508

More
Does this mean that this CM7 is from the OFFICIAL CM people and not the things that our devs here made?
4th May 2011, 12:15 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xriderx66

Does this mean that this CM7 is from the OFFICIAL CM people and not the things that our devs here made?

Official CM will be made from what we build here. There is not "Official people" as such - teamhacksung are the ones doing the SGS specific stuff for CM.
The Following User Says Thank You to atinm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atinm Ad-Free
4th May 2011, 12:50 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
anyone else having issues flashing todays update? I flashed it now my phone will not boot.
4th May 2011, 02:09 AM |#9  
Flag Montgomery

More
Indeed. There were several posts in the development thread about it causing boot issues. It's only with the Vibrant though. They suggested flashing a new kernel/old kernel and that should fix it.
4th May 2011, 02:17 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyrinx

Indeed. There were several posts in the development thread about it causing boot issues. It's only with the Vibrant though. They suggested flashing a new kernel/old kernel and that should fix it.

Sorry - that is only to go back to previous. We will be uploading another soon if we've fixed what we think we just fixed. But to get your phone back, just flash an older kernel, and then flash 5/1 update and you should be on CM7 again, ready for new update which will happen soon I hope.
4th May 2011, 02:26 AM |#11  
Flag Montgomery

More
Awesome. Looking forward to it.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.4, cm7, cyanogen, cyanogenmod, gingerbread
Previous Thread Next Thread