FORUMS

Buying a Xoom in the US as European

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hmv2007, Junior Member on 4th May 2011, 03:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone,

I'll be visiting the US next week and i'm considering to buy a wi-fi Xoom in the US. But i'm really doubting about it, since i'm living in Europe.
What are the differences between the US version and the European version of the Xoom. I know my warranty won't be valid in Europe, but i'm not planning to break it.
4th May 2011, 03:42 PM |#2  
Flag Clinton, TN
Thanks Meter: 147

More
The Wifi Version shouldn't be at all different than the US one, other than maybe a different set of languages installed.
4th May 2011, 04:01 PM |#3  
Flag Shenley
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have had a US xoom for a month now, no difference, just language as said above, there are only 3 I think. Works perfectly, and is £100 cheaper :)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App
4th May 2011, 04:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
I beleive the warranty is global. I bought my Xoom from US and after 5 days I lost touch control, Motorola replaced my Xoom without any problems.
I'm also in europe.
4th May 2011, 04:41 PM |#5  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 224

More
Definitely agree with Bloke, besides less language choices there are no differences. And I believe in another forum you asked whether the market would function and the answer to that is yes, no problems at all.
And as a bonus, I believe Google Books is not installed on the European version, but it is on the US model. After I rooted, titanium backup gave me the option to defrost that program, so mysteriously it now also works in Europe!
4th May 2011, 05:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
There will be one difference due to different regulatory domains the US Xoom Wifi won't have access to wireless channel 13 as far as I know that would be the only difference.
4th May 2011, 07:14 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inphinitizeit

There will be one difference due to different regulatory domains the US Xoom Wifi won't have access to wireless channel 13 as far as I know that would be the only difference.

I'm 99% sure I have used my US wifi only Xoom on channel 13.
4th May 2011, 07:45 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike

I'm 99% sure I have used my US wifi only Xoom on channel 13.

Generally its disabled at the driver level for a lot of devices. I'm not 100% sure on the Xoom but it is a possible difference.
4th May 2011, 07:55 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke

I have had a US xoom for a month now, no difference, just language as said above, there are only 3 I think. Works perfectly, and is £100 cheaper :)

Did exactly the same, £380 taxes paid at RadioShack. Correct about language choices, Eng, Esp & Fr. I already had a slip in plug to change the power supply adaptor to UK. Works as it should.
4th May 2011, 09:29 PM |#10  
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Same here. Us Xoom on danish ground.
Eng. System with danish keyboard.
No problems.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
4th May 2011, 11:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bought a xoom from US, living in SWE. No problems as far a functionality. The warranty thing is a bit confusing though, I'm having a problem with my Xoom's USB and some technicians say it's under US warranty some of moto's technicians say it's fine and they will try and help me. Sooooo think about that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)