FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[recovery] CWM for Betelgeuse v0.3 - Now with USB support

433 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

By mblaster, Inactive Recognized Developer on 5th May 2011, 05:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have made some modifications to the famous ClockworkMod recovery that enable to chose internal storage or sd-card for backup and flashing. I think this is quite useful. I also want to try to add usb-drives to this list, but that will take some more coding.

The source code is availlable in my gihub.

WARNING: USB does not seem to be hotplugable. Plug before boot and don't remove till reboot. I managed to get a complete lockup (had to remove battery to get out) by not obeying this.

USB Disk must have exactly one vfat partition.

Download v0.3:
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mblaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mblaster Ad-Free

5th May 2011, 05:59 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

More
Changelog

v0.3
- Add USB support

v0.2
- Based on ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8
- Add menu items to chose sd or internal drive
6th May 2011, 12:41 PM |#3  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Your idea is great and keep up!!! I'll flash your recovery when its become more stable. I just make it usable after lots of problems and I want to brick it again. I think you understood me.

Sent from my Folio 100 using Tapatalk
6th May 2011, 01:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Dual boot command in CWM possible ?
MBlaster

First of all, thank you for your work and efforts.
Since you seem to be familiar with adding features to CWM, I have one question : would it be possible to add a menu-entry for choosing an alternative boot (like for example ubuntu installed on a SD-Card ...) ?

Regards,

eRaph
15th May 2011, 03:38 PM |#5  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

More
v0.3
- Add USB support

Have Fun!
6th February 2012, 07:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaster

I have made some modifications to the famous ClockworkMod recovery that enable to chose internal storage or sd-card for backup and flashing. I think this is quite useful. I also want to try to add usb-drives to this list, but that will take some more coding.

The source code is availlable in my gihub.

WARNING: USB does not seem to be hotplugable. Plug before boot and don't remove till reboot. I managed to get a complete lockup (had to remove battery to get out) by not obeying this.

USB Disk must have exactly one vfat partition.

Download v0.3:

Thanks for this job. Just a question: what is the procedure for recovery update ? I start with a stock rom rooted and with recovery from foliomod1.4 installed via ADB.

Thanks

miazza
1st November 2015, 08:05 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Hello to everybody. I need this recovery but the links are boken. can someone help by reaupload or send as PM.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)