[MODEMS] Galaxy Tab modem list *Updated Regularly*

Search This thread

Mjoelnir77

Aug 9, 2011
I am on JR2 now and to me it looks like it is superior to the usual JPZ. Good battery life and very fast connection speed. In fact the first connection test i did with the "Speed test" app was a new all time high. I surpassed the best connection i had with JPZ before by 2MBit. Now that is partly due to better network by my carrier (a retest with JPZ later also got very good connection), but i reached both in up- and download the theoretical maximum with JR2. So it is rella working great. It also seems connections with only EDGE are a bit more reliable than before - especially while in a train with 300 km/h (187 mph). That was always a big issue for me in the past because i travel a lot north to south in germany. It feels like there are now a lot less black spots than before. I will definitely stay on the JR2 modem.

Reactions: gradd and alroger

Nicklag

Oct 29, 2010
brandon
Trying to figure what to flash for my Verizon p1c and having no luck cam someone please point me in the right direction

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda premium

Reactions: jabeckner

dront78

Jul 3, 2008
Moscow
I'm on cm10.1 and I cant flash in cwm any zip from topic - just return code 0 and no file_contexts

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
There is no need to flash modem on all of the MTD ROMs.
Just copy the modem.bin into /radio

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: gradd

Bobboman

May 13, 2010
Trying to figure what to flash for my Verizon p1c and having no luck cam someone please point me in the right direction

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda premium

you can flash either of the verizon radios listed here using odin, flashing the EC02 radio allowed me to go through all of the updated to the most recent one when i flashed my GALtab back to stock

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/P1c_Info

Fryingsheep

Feb 20, 2012
I'm probably missing something (and ive been looking for ages here)

I've stuck CM10.2 on and need the correct modem for it, but for the life of me I cannot find one for 4.x.x only for 2.x.x

There was one link to the updated modem list that refered to a gsm modem on cm10 4.0.4 but that lead onto a dead link.

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
they are the same. The modem isn't android specific.
The difference is that in MTD rom like CM9, 10 and so on, don't need to flash the modem from CWM recovery.
Just unzip and use root explorer to copy the modem.bin and paste to /radio manually.

Reactions: gradd

der-mali

Apr 30, 2012
I use my "T849" now as P1000 with a JB 4.2.2 ROM.

The stock modem has only 2G (no 3g or very weak) and calling and texting work fine.
Data is very limited with this option.

when I use the T-Mobile modem.bin I got 3G and fast internet, texting is also possible
but calling is not possible neither in data on nor off and neither in 2G nor 3G.

Any suggestions?

Is there even a modem which can
- 2G,
- 3G,
- data,
- calling
and
- texting
altogether?

I didn't use data so far with this ROM but now my network offers free Facebook via 3G so there is a need to have it ;)

Mjoelnir77

Aug 9, 2011
I would try the JR2 or the JPZ. the JPZ is what most people with a P1000 use. The JR2 while announced for the L/N version was also part of the latest german official stock rom for the O2 network of the P1000. I used both of them with my P1000 in germany (preferrring the JR2 - but the differences are marginal) and here everything works on all carriers i have here.

der-mali

Apr 30, 2012
Thank you for this advice.

I will simply surrender since this modem also only has 2G (for me).
As I said, my Tab is a SGH-T849 (T-Mobil USA) originally and there might be this small difference in the hardware which allows me only 2G woth call/text OR 3G with data.

Stock modem here is JPZ.
JR2 is very slow in responding here when switchtin from 2G to 3G or 2G/3G mode.
It will usually stick with 2G (EDGE) here with the T849.

FroztIkon

Feb 27, 2011
Ukiah, CA
Maybe a little dead on this thread, last post was roughly a month ago.

I managed to get a stock-root-cwm build going then cm9.0-kang7. Which I successfully updated to cm9.1.0. However, it shows up being on Verizon and I'm looking to switch it back to Sprint. However, I've tried the hiemdall approach to no avail. I would copy it to /radio but that doesn't seem to exist anywhere. And yes, I'm using Root Explorer.

FroztIkon

Feb 27, 2011
Ukiah, CA
Maybe a little dead on this thread, last post was roughly a month ago.

I managed to get a stock-root-cwm build going then cm9.0-kang7. Which I successfully updated to cm9.1.0. However, it shows up being on Verizon and I'm looking to switch it back to Sprint. However, I've tried the hiemdall approach to no avail. I would copy it to /radio but that doesn't seem to exist anywhere. And yes, I'm using Root Explorer.

Got home from work this morning and did this:
heimdall frontend -> utilities -> device detect (found) -> flash twrp and e17 for p1c -> wipe ->flash terrance-p1c CM11 & Gapps Core 4.4 -> boot

I'm now running CM11 on p1c. I haven't tried ART yet, but my baseband is UNKNOWN and Network is UNKNOWN

No idea where to put modem.bin to get things working

Pop45398

Jun 21, 2010
Got home from work this morning and did this:
heimdall frontend -> utilities -> device detect (found) -> flash twrp and e17 for p1c -> wipe ->flash terrance-p1c CM11 & Gapps Core 4.4 -> boot

I'm now running CM11 on p1c. I haven't tried ART yet, but my baseband is UNKNOWN and Network is UNKNOWN

No idea where to put modem.bin to get things working

Does your IMEI show as UNKNOWN also? Have you tried searching for modem.bin with Root Explorer? Have you tried creating the folder /radio and placing modem.bin there?

Before flashing cm-11-20140125-terenceng-p1 4.4.2 on my P1000, I backed up my EFS folder and restocked with GB_Stock_Safe_v5 and lost my EFS folder in the process and IMEI and baseband were unknown as was the network. I tried restoring my EFS backup but was still unknown and no signal. I had issues flashing CM11 so I restocked again, this time with stock P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJPZ and when I did EFS showed up and the phone worked fine. Flashing CM11 went fine the next try.

mike_san

Feb 6, 2013
OnePlus 10 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
I've go back to the Stock GB 2.3.3 via samfirmware.

But i've some troubles with the Modem.

Doesnt seem to recognize my SIM (Movistar Venezuela)

Everything else works.

I want to fix this so i can upgrade myself to

[ROM] CM10.1 TWRP [JB][4.2.2][Kernel 3.0][SGT7][P1000/N/L/C] OpenPDroid [20130913]
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2043421

I've tried the P1000N modem and still no Luck. It seems because is latin tablet?

Reactions: nike_69

Top Liked Posts