[ask] s-off desire s

Search This thread

king_elino

May 9, 2011
Jakarta
i hope you can be patient about this newbie questions :

it seems that i will buy DS this month.
and cause HTC lock the bootloader, i think i must have s-off for full customize.

and my questions :
1. are the warranty "off" if i my phone get s-off?
2. what's the bad case getting s-off (hardware and software) ?
3. besides xtc clip, is there another tools to have s-off?
4. can we use desire tools ( hardware ) to s-off desire s ?

many thanks.. :)

Last edited:

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe

and cause HTC lock the bootloader, i think i must have s-off for full customize.

and my questions :
4. can we use desire tools e( hardwar ) to s-off desire s ?

Answers

(although you'll find these by searching and reading the forum further)

You don't achieve root using the XTC Clip, but, currently the only way to make you phone root is to first make it S-OFF (using XTC clip)

1 Yes - you invalidate your warranty and I don't believe that you can S-ON again.

2 The XTC clip route to S-OFF appears to safe, although you perform it completely at your own risk! to indicate how safe I intend to get my phone done by this route next week.

3 Not currently, people are working on a software method for this phone and Incredible S but haven't got there as yet.

4 If you mean, can you use the same XTC clip device for the older DESIRE as the DESIRE S the answer is yes, although I believe that you need the latest firmware/drivers for the XTC clip in order to get DESIRE S support.

Reactions: king_elino

king_elino

May 9, 2011
Jakarta
Answers

You don't achieve root using the XTC Clip, but, currently the only way to make you phone root is to first make it S-OFF (using XTC clip)

1 Yes - you invalidate your warranty and I don't believe that you can S-ON again.

2 The XTC clip route to S-OFF appears to safe, although you perform it completely at your own risk! to indicate how safe I intend to get my phone done by this route next week.

3 Not currently, people are working on a software method for this phone and Incredible S but haven't got there as yet.

4 If you mean, can you use the same XTC clip device for the older DESIRE as the DESIRE S the answer is yes, although I believe that you need the latest firmware/drivers for the XTC clip in order to get DESIRE S support.

thanks for the answers mate :)
another question :
beside xtc clip, is there another hardware to s-off desire?
because i can't find in my country people who have the xtc-clip.. :)

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
thanks for the answers mate :)
another question :
beside xtc clip, is there another hardware to s-off desire?
because i can't find in my country people who have the xtc-clip.. :)

No. It's only way (at the moment)

Although I know that I've read other posts of many Indian users with DESIRE S that are also looking for XTC in India and were talking about going in together to purchase one, but I can't remember whether they were in this forum, the Desire S Android Dev one or in one of the Incredible S forums..

So best you start looking/reading and then contact one of them directlt... best of luck.

king_elino

May 9, 2011
Jakarta
No. It's only way (at the moment)

Although I know that I've read other posts of many Indian users with DESIRE S that are also looking for XTC in India and were talking about going in together to purchase one, but I can't remember whether they were in this forum, the Desire S Android Dev one or in one of the Incredible S forums..

So best you start looking/reading and then contact one of them directlt... best of luck.

HOOO.. tanx a lot mate..
but i'm from indonesia.. not india.. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

and my questions :
    4. can we use desire tools e( hardwar ) to s-off desire s ?

Answers