FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX] Cm7 when screen off fix

3,763 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,005

By 9Lukas5, Senior Member on 11th May 2011, 01:58 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hi,

This update.zip is for Cm7 users having the problem, that if the screen goes off the phone reboots/goes off. Jerpelea has included a baseband folder into his updates and mentioned that the rom only works with this modded baseband correct, but if you use this fix please also flash the following ftf bundle with flashtool.

Requirements:
  • Cm7 by Jerpelea

Files:
Installation:
  • Flash the ftf bundle with flashtool
  • boot into recovery and flash the when_screen_off_fix.zip
  • boot into rom

Info:

Before saying: "After flashing this my phone only WLODs or FC's", please try a clean install first!:
  • Flash the ftf bundle using flashtool
  • Go to recovery
  • Flash the newest Cm7 rom
  • Flash right after the rom the fix
  • reboot
  • here you are

I AM NOT RESPONSABLE IF YOU BREAK YOUR DEVICE OR DROP YOUR COFEE !

Cheers,

L
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to 9Lukas5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 9Lukas5 Ad-Free

11th May 2011, 02:00 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 39,781

Donate to Me
More
good idea...
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
11th May 2011, 02:15 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag near Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
yea, i wrote a long reply in my other thread. With this solution i haven't to make always a new update.
11th May 2011, 03:35 PM |#4  
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,120

Donate to Me
More
@9Lucas5
Hey buddy, good idea on the thread, it will be easier to follow as this does not confuse the busybox issue for wifi fix.

Anyway, how about a instruction of use for the op also clearing up questions like do we have to flash them everytime a new cm7 release is out, what sequence do we flash these ie before/after flashing the rom.

Lastly Doomlord has been trying for weeks to find the cause of this issue, at my request, J & Z have given there thoughts, we all appreciate everybodies help with the fixes and input, i read your post and explaination and respect what give to our forum, i think doomlord was confused about the busybox issue and probally thought you knew more about the system bin/xbin, we will find a solution working together, thanks for all your hardwork.
11th May 2011, 07:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
The problem just started for me, I think it is because my batery went bellow 20% is this fix also for that or only for when it happens always ?
11th May 2011, 07:28 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag near Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by depulle87

The problem just started for me, I think it is because my batery went bellow 20% is this fix also for that or only for when it happens always ?

I only know that my fix fixes the reboots appearing right after turning off the screen. I don't think that it fixes also this, but try it.
11th May 2011, 07:42 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
tried it and you are right it didn't fix it, I'm wrong here cause it just happened when screen on so it is the low bat issue not the screen off issue.
however your method did not break anything and for the first time my phone said it was booting into custom kernel
11th May 2011, 07:44 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 803

More
does this fix random wlod and reboots ?
11th May 2011, 07:50 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag near Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
ok, I'll repeat again. I don't know what this maybe is fixing too, but i think it's nothing, cause there aren't many files in it. There are only the miniloader and the splboot.ko in the update.zip. I only know and say, that it fixes the screen off = reboot problem. Other things, please simply try. If it fixes anything else you can post it.
11th May 2011, 07:50 PM |#10  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 713

More
Shouldn't be getting WLOD on This version!

I take it your using the loader that came with the main update.zip?
11th May 2011, 07:56 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag near Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleeds27

Shouldn't be getting WLOD on This version!

I take it your using the loader that came with the main update.zip?

I'm using the loader came with z's incall volume fix kernel
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread