First of all, this is not a module
I'm trying to port Gingerbread's TV screen on/off animation to Froyo. Those f**ckin cool animations are the only reason for me to use GB!. I'm happy with Froyo, as everything works, and smoother feelings.
- Screen on : Good.
- Screen off : Good.
- Animation when screen timed out : Good.
May 27th, FroyoBeam source is pushed to my github : https://github.com/doixanh/X8Features
We (the X8 users) spent some time testing the animations in my FroyoBread, and it seems to be good. I modified CM6 source, so it may not compatible with some ROMs. If the compilation fails, check inside the published source and take the lines around "dx" to your ROM's source.
0. This is a work-in-progress. I don't care that it's on xda-news or not. This is my attempt to satisfy my need (GB animations on Froyo). And I saw somebody saying it should be finished before being posted on xda-news. Did you fully read the news?
This hasn’t been released yet, due to the developer wanting to make sure it works perfectly, and he has kindly asked that you do not ask when it will be released
2. These animations cannot be packaged as an update.zip, because
3. Lots of things are modified inside the CM6 source, not modding xml files and so on, and
4. The "release" that I mentioned will be a source release, and is intended to be used by ROM builders.
5. End-users will have to wait for their ROM builders to rebuild the ROM with patched source.
6. My FroyoBread ROM is built with personal purpose, and for experimenting my source code modifications.
Enjoy, ROM builders and users