Mugen Power 1800mAh battery for htc mozart

Search This thread

MySelf_v1

Oct 27, 2010
Padua
HTC Desire
HTC Wildfire S
Can anyone tell us how does it least from 100% to 0% with Min. Med. and Max. use?

@The one with the japanese battery ... do you have a tester at home?

Would it make at least 1 day with intense use (3G, Push & Music on) ?

Last edited:

Aphasaic2002

Jun 30, 2011
Taiwan
Got mine 2 days ago.

1 cycle didn't seem much better than stock. Last night was 2nd full power cycle; hopefully it gets better soon.

I'm a fairly heavy user btw, mostly using my HTC Mozart to listen to streaming music using Tunein Radio, while also surfing the web. Also have email accounts set to update every 15mins. Will report back in a week.

i9o

Nov 14, 2008
OnePlus 10R / Ace
fully cycle the battery

Got mine 2 days ago.

1 cycle didn't seem much better than stock. Last night was 2nd full power cycle; hopefully it gets better soon.

It is imperative to fully cycle the battery at least 5 times as suggested by the instructions. The battery needs to be plugged for 10 hours or so.
I got that extra juice people are happy about only after the 4th full charge. (During these first days I did not even plug it to Zune, to avoid the USB charge)
Keep that in mind guys!

hsclater

May 29, 2006
I had the Mugen battery. It says on the website it lasts 38% longer, and I think that is about right. It is definitely better - when it pops up saying the battery is critical it goes on for another couple of hours. With my stock battery it dies about 10 mins later.

However - my Mugen just died. I was using my phone and it suddenly went off without warning. The battery is totally dead. I am going to try a gold battery, at least they are cheap and I wont mind so much when it dies.

witwhew

Sep 18, 2007
So mugen is really from china ( correct me if im wrong )? And how did you order this? From ebay? As from my stock battery it last a day for a normal use.

ludeunlimited

Nov 24, 2010
I had the gold one and it was no better than the OEM battery, and started to get worse alot quicker, so do not buy that one.

After it was useless i bought a OEM htc incredible S battery, after I tried my girlfriends battery from hers incredible S, its only 1450mAh, but its much better than the gold one and mozart OEM battery. same size so fits perfect.

And with a OEM htc battery I'm not afraid for the battery to blow up or suddenly just die.

Haven't tried mugen, but I think htc incredible S battery is a good alternative.

johnyd89

Jan 13, 2012
Happy with my mugen battery, was cheap and gives me a few extra hours over the stock, and since I keep both charged and with me I have no fear of running short of power :)

i9o

Nov 14, 2008
OnePlus 10R / Ace
Using Mugen for over a year - conclusions

After the huge improvement of the first few months, the extended hours yield of this battery decreases. I have had it for a bit over a year now.
Given this relatively short time, I'd say it gets worn faster than a normal battery. It's running time is still higher than the stock battery though.

NOTE: I use all my batteries very carefully. I recharge them on a cold surface to avoid overheating (tiled floor). I try always using them in the 20-80% range, so to avoid stressing them. I never recharge them for any shorter time than 30 minutes. And never ever go below the 5% minimum.

I suggest to give it a rest of 2 weeks or longer every few months' use, going back using the stock battery only - leaving the Mugen with a 20% recharge. This should extend its total life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just started using a mugen power extended battery and am getting a lot more use out of the handset, haven't cycled it the recommended 5 times either, so expecting a little more juice as time goes on!Recommended!