[GUIDE] Rooting the 10.1 Tab

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a quick run through on how to root the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I'm doing this for people (like me) that had a tough time getting the USB drivers to work after getting their Tab at I/O.

Assuming you have adb and the SDK set up on your Win7 machine, proceed.

1. Download the new USB drivers at http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...78/Samsung_USB_Driver_P4_Including_Escape.exe

2. Reboot your machine

3. Plug the 10.1 Tab into USB

4. Download the root exploit at http://lts.cr/bqf (or use allidoiswin.zip somewhere else)

5. Then, open up a command prompt ("cmd" under Run...)

6. Run the following commands:

Code:
    adb push Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip /sdcard/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip

Code:
    adb reboot recovery

7. Once you're in recovery, select the zip file, then apply, then reboot.

:)
    I was under the impression that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 devices at I/O did not have an SD card. How is it being pushed to one?

Great question. Looks like Sammy and El Goog have set up the 32GB on board as the "sdcard". You can push stuff to the personal storage by sending things to /sdcard/.
    What recovery are you booting into to get an option to flash the update? Not the factory one I suspect :)

The stock recovery DOES allow you to choose whatever .zip file you want to flash as well as actually coming stock UNLOCKED. Awesome stuff. Thanks Google.
    So I totally borrowed my mom's EeePC that's rocking an Intel Atom processor and Windows XP and used this method. It was a bit confusing for me at first since I have <b>NEVER</b> used ADB before... When all was said and done, this thing worked like a charm. Rooted, Titaniumed, Busyboxed, and SUed. Awesome work.
    To avoid confusion with the impending full release of the retail 10.1 Tab shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to: [GUIDE] Rooting the GOOGLE I/O 10.1 Tab ? I think there will be a lot of confusion in this sub-forum once the retail model starts hitting the stores.