FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] KDZ_FW_UPD under Linux

424 posts
Thanks Meter: 287

By jrohwer, Senior Member on 12th May 2011, 03:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anyone have experience of running KDZ_FW_UPD.exe under Linux (e.g. using Wine)? What are the required libraries if this is indeed possible? Or is there another way to flash a KDZ file onto the GT540 using Linux?

This would be nice as I would'nt have to seek out a Windows PC every time I want to flash a KDZ
The Following User Says Thank You to jrohwer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrohwer Ad-Free
12th May 2011, 05:06 PM |#2  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Use fastboot, that's I'm doing for some time now, works like a charm
Search for the binary or compile it yourself.
Regards,
The Following User Says Thank You to lampiao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lampiao Ad-Free
12th May 2011, 05:47 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
No I wasn't talking a about fastboot, got that working ok under linux. Ok meant flashing KDZ files.

Sent from my GT540 using XDA Premium App
12th May 2011, 06:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,415

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohwer

Does anyone have experience of running KDZ_FW_UPD.exe under Linux (e.g. using Wine)? What are the required libraries if this is indeed possible? Or is there another way to flash a KDZ file onto the GT540 using Linux?

This would be nice as I would'nt have to seek out a Windows PC every time I want to flash a KDZ

I think fishears have it in his linux machine , i saw a screenshot he posted about data2system method by flashing a KDZ , you should ask him. I would like to add a How-to about this to my LG GT540 Reference Thread
22nd May 2011, 10:06 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
So it turns out this is impossible. Thanks to fishears for pointing out that this is a shortcoming of WINE at the moment as it is unable to communicate with direct-USB devices (it only works with USB->Serial devices).
3rd July 2019, 08:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could anyone help me suggest the steps to flash kdz files only use terminal (I can extract kdz file but I don't know how to flash it into device)? Thanks you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash kdz, linux

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)