FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google IO Tab 10.1 Time Issue (Fix include)

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By neonbjb, Junior Member on 12th May 2011, 08:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,
So as an attendee to IO, I got a 10.1 tab; only problem is it was using the European time zone and for whatever reason used my google account settings which told it to automatically pull down the time from the servers (which would then report an incorrect time due to the incorrect time zone). I guess there's some kind of bug in the settings for the tab as it's missing the option to turn off automatic time, so I was left with a tab that had the incorrect time and could not be set.

So I wrote an android app that manually over-rides the automatic time setting, and it worked like a charm. If anyone else out there is having this issue, I have an apk file on hand that you can use to unlock your tab's time. Just make a post here and I'll try and get back to you asap.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neonbjb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neonbjb Ad-Free

12th May 2011, 08:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I'd love to get that .apk. Thanks for your work!
12th May 2011, 08:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Thanks for the fix. I bet most of us here still don't have the device yet, to benefit from your work. But we would appreciate if you could post your impressions about the device
12th May 2011, 08:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
i would love to get my hands on that :) I was frustrated at this unfortunate bug :-/ luckily during the conference it was the right time but now I need east coast time.

Apparently you can wipe to fix it but would rather not
13th May 2011, 05:29 AM |#5  

More
I had this problem as well.

It is a bug in the pre-release software supposedly. You can download timezone changer from the market to fix.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
The Following User Says Thank You to quaa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quaa Ad-Free
13th May 2011, 06:03 AM |#6  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 101

Donate to Me
More
Mine worked well until I attached the tab to Exchange. At that point it switched to GMT and locked me out of the setting. The Time Zone Corrector seemed to fix the problem.

I hope that 3.1 update comes as soon as they indicated it would... I don't know if I'm optimistic about it though.
13th May 2011, 06:04 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Ah OK there you go. Interesting bug though, it didn't happen to a friend who got a tab as well, so some of you might be fine.
13th May 2011, 03:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could use apk, if its still available. Thanks
13th May 2011, 06:15 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Well I need to make 8 posts to post a link... so you're going to have to make this link for yourselves:

http : // appliedanalog . com / downloads / SetTime . apk

All this program does is disable automatic time zones and clocks on your device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neonbjb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neonbjb Ad-Free
13th May 2011, 07:31 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
http://appliedanalog.com/downloads/SetTime.apk

FTFY

Edit: Awesome, thank you so much for the unlock of automatic time zone. worked perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to kentoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kentoe Ad-Free
13th May 2011, 10:39 PM |#11  
Flag Los Gatos, Ca
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentoe

http://appliedanalog.com/downloads/SetTime.apk

FTFY

Edit: Awesome, thank you so much for the unlock of automatic time zone. worked perfectly.

Worked great for unlocking but I notice the time zone still resets every time you reboot. Is this the same for everyone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)