FORUMS

[MortScript] regEditor: get a friendly menu out of a registry folder and subfolders.!

2,920 posts
Thanks Meter: 771

By RoryB, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th May 2011, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Most programs out there use the registry to save preferences and other settings.

Unfortunately, not all have an interface like S2U2.

That's why I've created this regEditor.mscr script to get a friendly menu out of a registry folder path.

This work is an extension of michoob's work on iniEditor.mscr

I've attached:
- the 'regEditor.mscr' script which is the generic registry folder and value parser and configurator.
- the 'S2U2_regConfig' script which calls the 'regEditor.mscr' script with the right arguments to get S2U2 registry path with confirmation of changes and dword values in dword format.
Code:
CallScript("regEditor.mscr", "HKCU\Software\A_C\S2U2", "S2U2", TRUE, TRUE)
- the S2U2.desc file that is the description file so you can add more information to tell you what the value to input should be as in range of 0 to 9 or similar. Also, could explain what the value is for. I have not filled in the information yet.
- the 'regEditor.cfg' file which is the configuration file for the script. Use iniEditor to make changes to it.
- the 'HEX2TEXT' file for converting to and from hexadecimal.
regEditor.mcsr_v01

Since the desc files do not exist yet I include:
- the 'regExtractor.mscr' script which is the generic registry folder and value parser to create the basis of the desc file.
- the 'S2U2_Extract.mscr' to call regExtractor with the right parameters to extract the information of the registry folder and subfolders.
Code:
CallScript("regExtractor.mscr", "HKCU\Software\A_C\S2U2", "S2U2")
The limit is 6 or 7 subfolders deep, but this should handle most programs.

*WARNING*
This program allows you to make changes to your registry. Some values can be changed, but have no affect since they are only monitoring the results of some other function. Also, changing some values can adversely affect your phone's operation. Continue at your own risk.
Attached Files
File Type: zip regEditor_v01.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.8 KB, 154 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoryB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RoryB Ad-Free
12th May 2011, 08:38 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
[MortScript] regEditor: get a friendly menu out of a registry folder and subfolders.
For future use
12th May 2011, 08:39 PM |#3  
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
[MortScript] regEditor: get a friendly menu out of a registry folder and subfolders.
Another space
28th December 2011, 01:06 AM |#4  
Flag East Greenwich, RI
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Cool From the ghost of Mortscripts past
Hi RoryB!

I am sure you have this well in hand, (but?) if it ever is interesting I have included a regeditor included in the Mortifier.

Also I am trying to find the posting by a Russian author who wrote a very comprehensive mortscript reg editor.

I will link in your reg editor to the compendium as well.

Thanks much,
HowdyKeith
28th December 2011, 03:35 AM |#5  
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
I have not done anything with this in a long time. I have been doing stuff with Co0kie Home Tab. I probably could work a way to go deeper than 6 or 7 levels into the registry, but had not really used it lately.

If you have used it, have you run into problems with how many levels into the registry?
28th December 2011, 03:48 AM |#6  
Flag East Greenwich, RI
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy Mort my man, where r u?
Sorry I am knee deep trying to fix up Mr-Tones one last time. Gotta finish it before i get an Android phone.

Shame we haven't seen a Android Mortscript. I am almost done learnin Java, but i doubt i would be smart enough to port it.
28th December 2011, 02:39 PM |#7  
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
Took a look and made some tweaks. Code project is here http://code.google.com/p/regeditor/
The Following User Says Thank You to RoryB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RoryB Ad-Free
28th February 2012, 04:12 PM |#8  
Flag Lexington

Donate to Me
More
Sad to go
My Fuze no longer works. I currently have a loner Infuse 4G, but do not know what I will end up with.

I will not be able to continue development of Mortscripts, etc.

Sorry to go, but it has been fun.

I'll keep watching to see if anything comes up I need to respond to.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoryB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RoryB Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mortscript, registry editor

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)