A simple script for rooting Defy from Linux. I use SuperOneClick 1.9.1 files in my script, and I rooting succesfully my device from Ubuntu 11.04.
It does not install "bussybox" and "Android Terminal", just "su" and "Superuser.apk".
I hope it will work for someone else too.
0. install usb grants on your computer (see adb install method)
1. unzip file
2. run RootDefy.sh
3. after succesfully install, reboot phone (./adblinux reboot)
(version 0.2) download
02.06.2011: Version 0.2 - Added header to script 13.05.2011: Version 0.1 - correct Defy device number - correct /system filesystem type and path 12.05.2011: First release
0. charge your phone 100%!
1. download and extract your sbf file: download
2. download sbf_flash file (same directory): download, or see the editor blog
3. chmod +x sbf_flash
4. sudo ./sbf_flash xxxxxx.sbf
Now your phone should start flashing, and phone will reboot when finish it.
III. How to unroot Defy via Linux!
Go to this topic: link