What is Honeycomb 3.0?
Its the operating system upgrade that Toshiba will never delivet to our folio100, since its no longer supported by toshiba.. But the community gives you what the company did not! At least to a point where its possible within reasonable effort.. as not all source is available for rewriting drivers.
Credits for the intensive work done on this honeycomb 3.0 , is primarily done by NotionInk Adam and Advent Vega
developers , which are: MrGuy , newbe5 , corvus , HomerSp
I have just made the required changes to make it run on our Folio100.
Download Folio3x v0.3a here
Wipe should not be required for existing 0.1 - 0.3 users. if nothing seems unstable.
but NEW USERS always do a factory reset, or even "fastboot -w" to fix possible apps problems.
- - rebuild from 0.2 and adding changes from 0.3.
- - fixed 3G usb dongle problem
- - usb share to pc fix fix
- - apns conf now ok, apn location should be updated automatically.
- - core.android FC fix
- - dalvikcache update
- - compatibility mode disabled by default (FolioWidget settings is fullscreen now)
- - FakeGPS included (enable mock locations in Settings ->development) , so you use compass apps
our tablet has no real GPS, but the device think so but does not find it and it crash apps requesting gps.
- - Sensors working.. (Thanks to newbe5 for the help)
- - Included the new graphics drivers (quadrant= 2D=130/3D=820)
- - adhoc support (use folio hc widget to enable, reboot after enabling)
- - PolarisOffice fix
- - included a fixed FolioWidget, for disabling folio100 softbuttons.
- to use foliowidget:
- - add widget to desktop.
- - click widget once.
- - in menu enable Softbuttons once, to disable the softbuttons below the power led (normally)
install patches below like you would install a full rom in recovery (Not ClockWorkMod), except this zip needs renaming directly to update.zip .
do NOT unpack it first.
any version: Download sensor patch attached to this post, if you want to continue with earlier version and not upgrade.. this does not require a wipe at all, its one single file added to your system.
0.3a : Download bootanimation and copy to /system/media folder read more here , this will fix the "remember language and timezone issue"
0.3a : Download bootanimation as patch, for those not able to copy file, here
0.3a : Download rollback to regular kernel here
0.3a : Download Overclockable kernel upto 1.5Ghz here
OC Kernel might not enable 3G automatically so go into mobile network and disable/enable if it happens.
ALWAYS READ ME BEFORE POSTING Questions - FAQ and Status on folio100 edition of VegaComb.
- - Flash works with Opera 11.10 release.
- - Before you report any issues, you might check that other ports of this Honeycomb (which all pre-3.0 tablets use) already confirms not fixed.
Do check VegaComb xda thread
- - SOD problem: Others have used the OC kernel, and set the minimum speed to 456, and it solved the problem. But yes, you need the OC kernel + CPU Master as example.
- - If you got problems running Any Angry birds game or other applications as example, you might need to use "fastboot -w " to erase userdata & cache . To enter fastboot mode, at bootup press 3 times power and then VOL+ .
- - USB PORT: stick & 3G dongle must be inserted at bootup if needed. Kernel do not at this point automatically register usb port changes if inserted after boot is complete.
- - At setup wizard, wifi scanning, reboot once, and setup wizard finds the networks at next boot
- - Apps fail to start if running from sdcard.
- - Bluetooth send/receive files is not working
- - Volume control in Settings, still crash when tried opened..
- - FakeGPS app is needed to start, if you open compass apps, that also read GPS information.
- - language and timezone in full image, needs to have a bootanimation, then it remember language and timezone after reboot. See the PATCHES for the bootanimation.zip (copy zip manually to /system/media )
- - MUSIC: music must be copied to /sdcard/music , and player finds it.
- - Youtube - not all videos can be played, due to incompatibiliy issue with driver and codecs used. (but many do work)
I will do what is possible to bring it to a better state, but i cannot promise anything and maybe patches from vega/adam might actually work on our folio100 depending on what they change. (if its a patch)