Originally Posted by krylon360
So, after installing the GB Leak, I noticed that GPS was hosed. I was able to resolve this and get locks again by following the steps below. (This has also been confirmed by Atantian that it fixes GPS when going from the GB leak back down to 2.2.2)
Scroll down to GPS Test
Check Use Extended Conf File (this will be for gps.conf in /data/gps which I will include with the Bionix 2 release)
Click System Settings
Check Use XTRAS
Click SUPL Setting
Click SLP Server Setting
Here, you can test for best results. I am using the Spirent server
Hit back x3
Click Get Position
Session Type> Single Fix
Oper Mode > MS-Based
Go outside in a clear view
Let it do its thing for 10-15...
You should be good to go.
Again, for SLP server, test each one out.
Once done, you can grab GPS Test from the market and should have instant locks.
Mine didn't work with the Spirent server after 15 minutes, now I am trying the T-mobile server.
EDIT: Didn't work with T-mobile server... Now I will try the last one...
EDIT 2: No server worked for me. I wonder what I am doing wrong. I am on the GB leak rom. When I press menu+start and let it sit for 15 minutes outside on a balcony, I come back to it and everything is still solid 0's and google maps still won't lock a signal...
EDIT 3: I think you missed a step. Before selecting "Get position" I selected Apply for Setting Values and things look like they are working in the test.
EDIT 4: I still can't get an accurate fix. The closest I have got is 96m. I get anywhere between that and 12,000m.