FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[IMAGES] HMJ37 (USA WiFi 3.1) & HTJ85B (USA WiFi 3.2)

1,529 posts
Thanks Meter: 368

By bwcorvus, Retired Forum Moderator on 16th May 2011, 03:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here it is, Un-Official USA WiFi 3.1 & 3.2 Stock images. These are pulled from a clean USA WiFi 3.1 (stock 3.0.1 updated through the Official update). 3.2 is pulled from a clean USA WiFi 3.2 (stock 3.0.1 updated through the Official updates).

Commands:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot erase cache

THESE IMAGES ARE FOR FIXING PROBLEMS AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT THE 3.1 BOOTLOADER
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS 100%
DO NOT TRY AND OEM LOCK YOUR DEVICE WITH THESE IMAGES

Download links: HMJ37 USA WiFi 3.1 & Mirror
Download links: HTJ85B USA WiFi 3.2 & Mirror

Mirrors provided by Berzerker
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to bwcorvus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bwcorvus Ad-Free

16th May 2011, 04:04 AM |#2  
Recognized Themer
- /
Thanks Meter: 1,768

More
Thank you Sir.

Sent from my HTC HD2
16th May 2011, 04:42 AM |#3  
Flag Baldwin NY
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Thx B 10chars
18th May 2011, 07:28 AM |#4  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Awesome .. thanks for posting.. still scared to root my WiFi Xoom though.. been through OG DROID, DROID x and HTC thunderbolt. But not sure if I want to cross the line with the Xoom.. I've had to use the sbf before on the DROID x..
20th May 2011, 11:51 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
May I ask how you do the backup of stock images?
Thanks.
20th May 2011, 01:56 PM |#6  
Flag Sherwood Park, AB
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khtdev

Thanks.

As far as I know, there are two methods. One is through CWR which I haven't really looked at. The other way is through Linux on a semi rooted Xoom. In that case you just have to use the dd or cat command on the proper device. If you type "mount" from Linux, you'll see where system is. Go to that "by-name" directory and you'll see the links for the boot and recovery partitions as well.
21st May 2011, 01:25 AM |#7  
OP Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khtdev

Thanks.

As Scourge1024 said the easiest way on the xoom is to oem unlock, then load CWM. Do a nand backup, you have the system and boot img. This will not get you the userdata or recovery though. To get recovery, you have to load a rooted boot.img and just pull it with adb commands. Getting the userdata will never happen on the xoom (by an end user). The problem is that when you pull it, it pulls the entire partition regardless of how much is in use. You can not backup a 30gb partition on a 30gb partition
21st May 2011, 04:15 AM |#8  
Flag Sherwood Park, AB
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Yup. To grab the recovery, you need to sacrifice the boot partition. Or have a system image with su and Superuser.apk injected into it already. With putting in a new kernel, you'll have root through adb. With the su/Superuser.apk method, you can get root through terminal emulator. And just use the dd command from either methods.
21st May 2011, 04:28 AM |#9  
Flag Baldwin NY

More
It is safe to use oem lock with files bwcorvus?
21st May 2011, 04:36 AM |#10  
OP Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald410

It is safe to use oem lock with files bwcorvus?

As it says in the first post, DO NOT try and lock with these files. I tried 3 times, softbricked all 3 times. You need official files from Motorola to lock. If you need to lock, grab the files from my other sticky for stock wifi and use them.
21st May 2011, 05:03 AM |#11  
Flag Baldwin NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcorvus

As it says in the first post, DO NOT try and lock with these files. I tried 3 times, softbricked all 3 times. You need official files from Motorola to lock. If you need to lock, grab the files from my other sticky for stock wifi and use them.

Duh how could I miss that in big red letters no less! thx for the confirmation
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)