FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Car Home APK

6,462 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,123

By Archangel, Recognized Themer on 16th May 2011, 02:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
If your like me, and like old school droid programs but cant get them to install on new age devices here is one. This is the Car Home apk for anyone that would like to use it. Install as you would any apk. If you run into any problems side load it from something like dropbox or push via ADB. Once you install both the launcher and the car home apk then boot into clockwork recovery and fix permissions, reboot and you should be good.

If you use and like hit the thanks button!
Attached Files
File Type: apk signedCarHome.apk - [Click for QR Code] (498.7 KB, 11621 views)
File Type: apk signedCarHomeLauncher.apk - [Click for QR Code] (12.9 KB, 9429 views)
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archangel Ad-Free

8th June 2011, 09:35 AM |#2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 279

Donate to Me
More
Question Just Asking Whereabouts of APK
Where did you get these from? I had a version of Car Home 2.2.1, but the icon looks the same as the Car Home I've seen in other ROMs. The icon with the 2.2.1 you have is different. Though I found it funny the need for the launcher. Because up until now I never needed it before to get Car Home working, but now just installing Car Home is not enough to get an icon on the list. Weird, but go with what works. But I am also a man who likes to understand where things come from or to understand. I try not to just be a follower.

Thanks for the find though, always nice to have a trusted source like XDA to share or find wanted items like this!

~Max
8th June 2011, 03:39 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Themer
Reno, NV

Donate to Me
More
I ripped one from a droid 1 and the other from a droid 2 that i had a while back just optimized the images inside so they would work on the TB and not force close, glad you like, that is what this community is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWerSUrgeSW3

Where did you get these from? I had a version of Car Home 2.2.1, but the icon looks the same as the Car Home I've seen in other ROMs. The icon with the 2.2.1 you have is different. Though I found it funny the need for the launcher. Because up until now I never needed it before to get Car Home working, but now just installing Car Home is not enough to get an icon on the list. Weird, but go with what works. But I am also a man who likes to understand where things come from or to understand. I try not to just be a follower.

Thanks for the find though, always nice to have a trusted source like XDA to share or find wanted items like this!

~Max

The Following User Says Thank You to Archangel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archangel Ad-Free
8th June 2011, 04:24 PM |#4  
Flag Havelock
Thanks Meter: 34

More
sweet
thanks for this
8th June 2011, 04:42 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Themer
Reno, NV

Donate to Me
More
of course, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmt1979

thanks for this

5th December 2011, 11:26 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by camblue

If your like me, and like old school droid programs but cant get them to install on new age devices here is one. This is the Car Home apk for anyone that would like to use it. Install as you would any apk. If you run into any problems side load it from something like dropbox or push via ADB. Once you install both the launcher and the car home apk then boot into clockwork recovery and fix permissions, reboot and you should be good.

If you use and like hit the thanks button!

Pardon, but what do you mean by "fix permissions"?
9th January 2012, 12:31 AM |#7  
OP Recognized Themer
Reno, NV

Donate to Me
More
Sorry haven't been on this site for a while. In CWR there is an option to fix permission which aligns all the permissions for all apk in a rom, hope this helps.
26th January 2012, 08:37 PM |#8  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thanks for posting this. I had Car Home on my Nexus One, but it was absent from my Galaxy Nexus. Since I've packed up my Nexus One to sell, you saved me from having to pull it. ;)
29th January 2012, 09:42 AM |#9  
OP Recognized Themer
Reno, NV

Donate to Me
More
awesome glad you like. I ported over to the galaxy nexus too

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
9th February 2012, 08:28 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Yeah thanks for this man. Just loaded it on to my TB running Forever and it works great, I didn't even need to fix permissions or reboot.
11th February 2012, 03:30 PM |#11  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 2,955

More
Thanks always wanted to try using this

Sent from my HTC Mecha using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)