Flag Laurens S.C.
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nba1341

meh just got a mt4g off ebay for my sister and its M4G2DE

just gonna flash a completed rom / ad block and not touch it anymore

really hope I am not going to owe her $140 -___-

I wonder how accurate the report about chips are? I have tha "bad" one, and I HTCDEV unlocked, tried to downgrade to 2.2.1. at least 25 times and failed..then I relocked the bootloader... downgraded to Froyo, s-off, rooted...flashed MANY ROMS, and not to mention flashing 20+ Roms while it was HTC unlocked & manually flashing the boot.img thru fastboot..but my point is, I've put this phone through hell and back, and its held up just fine. I sometimes wonder if there is something very small & seemingly insignificant that people do that causes the emmc chip to fail? If they were that sensitive, mine would have been gone as much abuse as I've put it through...OR I have been very lucky....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
7th April 2012, 11:11 PM |#573  
Thanks Meter: 2,624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbadd385

I wonder how accurate the report about chips are? I have tha "bad" one, and I HTCDEV unlocked, tried to downgrade to 2.2.1. at least 25 times and failed..then I relocked the bootloader... downgraded to Froyo, s-off, rooted...flashed MANY ROMS, and not to mention flashing 20+ Roms while it was HTC unlocked & manually flashing the boot.img thru fastboot..but my point is, I've put this phone through hell and back, and its held up just fine. I sometimes wonder if there is something very small & seemingly insignificant that people do that causes the emmc chip to fail? If they were that sensitive, mine would have been gone as much abuse as I've put it through...OR I have been very lucky....

Not necessarily. Some of the chips have failed after one of two flashes(including the original), some outlast the other hardware on the phone. Its probably a Quality Control issue more than anything.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA
8th April 2012, 03:45 AM |#574  
Thanks Meter: 89

More
i suspect it has to do with clockworkmod recovery and this phone.

I used to get those errors but i switched over to that ext4 recovery and no problems since then...

and i have the bad chip too!
8th April 2012, 06:17 AM |#575  
Flag Laurens S.C.
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrone1

i suspect it has to do with clockworkmod recovery and this phone.

I used to get those errors but i switched over to that ext4 recovery and no problems since then...

and i have the bad chip too!

I'm not saying you are right or wrong, because I don't know. But I do know that I have tried both CWM & 4EXT recovery, and I also spent a whole day testing 4ext with maxx, and he truly works hard to make sure his recovery is the best. The most complaints I've heard have been with CWM. I'm not saying its CWM, but I use 4ext only now. It's faster, more responsive & hasn't let me down yet.

6th May 2012, 02:15 PM |#576  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Ummm, I'm not sure if I should be happy or pleased, but my result on my N7000 came up different to everyone else's:

cat /proc/kmsg | grep 'mmc0:0001'
<6>[ 1.104827] mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 VYL00M 14.6 GiB

No-one has mentioned that chip so far -

I've had no problems what so ever I should add.

Any idea what this chip is like? I currently have ICS StuNNeR - 1.4.26.1 installed and I'm not sure what my best course of action is. .. Should I change the kernel, go back to a GB ROM?

BTW, The phone was rooted without Odin originally and I haven't used Odin or any flashing to install CWM, or any other ROMs since. I dont' know if that changes anything
6th May 2012, 02:23 PM |#577  
Flag Space, the ONLY Frontier
Thanks Meter: 1,289

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdgeordie

Ummm, I'm not sure if I should be happy or pleased, but my result on my N7000 came up different to everyone else's:

cat /proc/kmsg | grep 'mmc0:0001'
<6>[ 1.104827] mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 VYL00M 14.6 GiB

No-one has mentioned that chip so far -

I've had no problems what so ever I should add.

Any idea what this chip is like? I currently have ICS StuNNeR - 1.4.26.1 installed and I'm not sure what my best course of action is. .. Should I change the kernel, go back to a GB ROM?

BTW, The phone was rooted without Odin originally and I haven't used Odin or any flashing to install CWM, or any other ROMs since. I dont' know if that changes anything

Lol bro this is the myTouch 4G section. Not whatever Samsung phone you have :P

Sent from my Sense 4.0 Glacier using XDA Premium.
6th May 2012, 02:27 PM |#578  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Oppppps! wrong forum! I just noticed this is for the MyTouch 4G .. . .

Still worried though
19th June 2012, 04:06 AM |#579  
Thanks Meter: 461

More
Hi.

I'm new in Mt4g and I'm a bit confused about what to do. I got the bad emmc chip and it's in GB 2.3.4.

What's the main difference between gfree and visionary?

I read gfree instructions but it uses visionary application to get temproot, is this method still gfree, and not visionary? Or visionary is just the root.sh method?

My phone is carrier unlocked also, is there any advantage on this root proccess?

My only interest is to use unnofficial roms because I suppose they are better.

I won't be able to return my phone as I don't live in USA, may I try root it?

Appreciate any help.
19th June 2012, 06:25 AM |#580  
Flag Laval
Thanks Meter: 273

Donate to Me
More
<6>[ 6.590545] mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 SEM04G 2.16 GiB

Videotron Panache.....
19th June 2012, 11:06 PM |#581  
Flag Sacramento CA
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Don't want to sound rude but I have flashed the **** out of my mytouch 4g. Tried like 6 roms just this week and I have the bad eMMC. I have been swapping rooms like I change shirts going back and forth between different gingerbread rooms to ics and I have literally no issues. Eventually this phone will be replaced as I'll upgrade to a gnexus but my point is should all that emmc paranoia stop you from enjoying your rooted device??

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to NeuroticallyYou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NeuroticallyYou Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)