/* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or the end of the world. Please do some research * if you have any concerns about flashing a radio before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the * finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
In order for this to work, the HTC Evo Shift 4G needs to be S-OFF. Flashing the radio with a corrupt file or interrupting the flash, can brick the device, please proceed with caution.
- Download the your choice of radio for the HTC Evo Shift 4G.
- Make sure the filename is PG06IMG.zip exactly or it will not work and copy it to the same folder as adb (the /platform-tools folder within the Android SDK folder).
- Connect the HTC Evo Shift 4G to the computer via USB.
- On the computer, open terminal and run the following commands:
adb push PG06IMG.zip /sdcard/PG06IMG.zip adb shell md5sum /sdcard/PG06IMG.zip
adb reboot bootloader
- The HTC Evo Shift 4G will reboot & usually boot into fastboot. Pressing the Power button will put the device into the bootloader.
- The bootloader will scan for the radio update. Once it finds the update, select Yes.
- Allow the bootloader to finish flashing the updated radio, and reboot the HTC Evo Shift 4G normally.
From Froyo-based RUUs:
- From 1.17.651.1 RUU (Stock):
From Gingerbread-based RUUs: