FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] [Guide How To] SystemUI.apk for Transparent notifications background

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 253

By AdamTt, Member on 18th May 2011, 01:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

You maybe notice that nothing happens when you try to change, shade_bg.png and shade_header_background.9.png

Thats because the resources didn't point to the right images, However here you have a SystemUI.apk that i modded, so you can get transparent notification background and etc.. for your themes.

Hope you like it

Download Links - (please do not mirror)
[Latest - 4.0.1.A.0.283]
AdamTT_SystemUI.zip - Transparent notifications background + statusbar
AdamTT_SystemUI2.zip - Transparent notifications background

[Old - 4.0.A.2.368]
AdamTT_SystemUI.zip - Transparent notifications background
AdamTT_SystemUI2.zip -Transparent notifications background + statusbar

Flash .zip i recovery

Guide How to:
First of all decompile SystemUI.apk

Step 1
In res/layout/status_bar_tracking.xml
change this:
Code:
<View android:background="#ff212121" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
to
Code:
<View android:background="@drawable/shade_bg" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
Save and close
(this is to point the notifications backgruond to the image instead of just a color)

Step 2
In res/layout/status_bar_expanded.xml
change this:
Code:
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Title" android:id="@id/noNotificationsTitle" android:background="@drawable/shade_bgcolor" android:paddingLeft="5.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_no_notifications_title" />
to
Code:
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Title" android:id="@id/noNotificationsTitle" android:background="@drawable/shade_header_background" android:paddingLeft="5.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_no_notifications_title" />
and this:
Code:
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Title" android:id="@id/ongoingTitle" android:background="@drawable/shade_bgcolor" android:paddingLeft="5.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_ongoing_events_title" />
to
Code:
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Title" android:id="@id/ongoingTitle" android:background="@drawable/shade_header_background" android:paddingLeft="5.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_ongoing_events_title" />
and this:
Code:
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Title" android:id="@id/latestTitle" android:background="@drawable/shade_bgcolor" android:paddingLeft="5.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_latest_events_title" />
to
Code:
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Title" android:id="@id/latestTitle" android:background="@drawable/shade_header_background" android:paddingLeft="5.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_latest_events_title" />
Save and close
(this is to point the headers to the image instead of just a color)

Step 3
In smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarService.smali
Search for this: .method onBarViewAttached()V
Shortly after that, you will find this:

Code:
const/4 v0, 0x2
Change it to:

Code:
const/4 v0, -0x3
(this is so we can make the notifications background transparent)

Search for this: new-instance v0, Landroid/view/WindowManager$LayoutParams;
Shortly after that, you will find this:

Code:
const/4 v5, 0x2
Change it to:

Code:
const/4 v5, -0x3
Save and close
(this is so we can make the statusbar transparent)

Step 4
Now you can change the images:
shade_bg.png
shade_header_background.9.png
statusbar_background.9.png
to get it transparent, or whatever you like.
When you done, Compile it and push it to the phone

Or you can do it the easy way, just copy the files from my SystemUI.apk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	18165
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	599962   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	15860
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	603012  
Attached Files
File Type: apk SystemUI.apk - [Click for QR Code] (223.3 KB, 4530 views)
File Type: zip Transparent_Statusbar_SystemUI.zip - [Click for QR Code] (142.4 KB, 4922 views)
File Type: zip AdamTT-2.3.3SystemUI.zip - [Click for QR Code] (146.0 KB, 1280 views)
File Type: zip AdamTT-2.3.3TransparentStatusbarSystemUI.zip - [Click for QR Code] (146.0 KB, 2570 views)
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to AdamTt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamTt Ad-Free
18th May 2011, 01:55 PM |#2  
Flag Barnsley
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Can we have screenshots

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to festa20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift festa20 Ad-Free
18th May 2011, 01:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
hey adam....

.....i'm asking myself if your mod actually enables background transparency throughout the system, including the background of settings, messages, etc....I've been trying to enable transparency for the whole ui by just editing images, which hasn't worked out that well so far, so it'd be quite cool if your mod could help me finally do that

thx for sharing
18th May 2011, 02:45 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by festa20

Can we have screenshots

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

yepp, fix it soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamTt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamTt Ad-Free
18th May 2011, 02:56 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 279Paddy

hey adam....

.....i'm asking myself if your mod actually enables background transparency throughout the system, including the background of settings, messages, etc....I've been trying to enable transparency for the whole ui by just editing images, which hasn't worked out that well so far, so it'd be quite cool if your mod could help me finally do that

thx for sharing

no, it's just the notification pulldown background
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamTt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamTt Ad-Free
18th May 2011, 04:24 PM |#6  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Great work Adam Gonna try it..

Edit: Done.. Thanks Adam

19th May 2011, 02:41 PM |#7  
Flag Nashik
Thanks Meter: 211

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mano1982

Great work Adam Gonna try it..

Edit: Done.. Thanks Adam

Did u use UOT kitchen to write your name on footer of notification bar ???
How to use it... Every time i tried, submit button was disabled...!!!
19th May 2011, 02:47 PM |#8  
Flag Weert
Thanks Meter: 372

Donate to Me
More
in wich folder can i find SystemUI.apk?
19th May 2011, 03:12 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
system/app
The Following User Says Thank You to ET For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ET Ad-Free
19th May 2011, 03:49 PM |#10  
Flag Taipei , Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 37

More
thanks AdamTt

I combine this Mod and Transparent notifications bar Mod

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maxx228 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maxx228 Ad-Free
19th May 2011, 05:38 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2,132

Donate to Me
More
man thanks for this, using it now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)