FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How-To] Get Cm7 by Jerpelea working without any known issues = no WLOD)

3,765 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,006

By 9Lukas5, Senior Member on 18th May 2011, 07:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Cause of I read it from many users, that they get WLODs anymore on the newest Cm7 release from J and I haven't problems, I'll share a list with steps to install it, with that it worked for me perfectly.

If you have a working Recovery you can start directly with step 6

• 1. Flash with Flashtool a stock firmware
  • 2. Boot up into stock
  • 3. Activate usb debugging
  • 4. Root it (connect phone with activated debugging mode and press in flashtoll root)
  • 5. Install FreeXperiaRecovery (connect phone again, click "ask root permissions" and then click on xrecovery button)
  • 6. Download the Cm7 rom form here, and the two files from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1073859
  • 7. Copying all files needed for flashing the rom on your sdcard: Cm7 rom and the Screen off fix
  • 8. Reboot and check if you can enter Recovery
  • 9. If not, start at the point where you install it via Flashtool
  • 10. If yes, take out the battery and wait ~15-30 sec.
  • 11. Now put your battery in again and flash the .ftf bundle from the thread i linked above
  • 12. If it flashed succesfully reboot and enter Recovery. Make ALL available wipes (full wipe, wipe cache, wipe system, wipe battery stats, wipe dalvik cache. I think that are all, right?) Now DON'T reboot before you made the next step, cause you have to start from zero if you reboot before making the next step
  • 13. Flash the Cm7 rom
  • 14. Flash the screen off fix
  • 15. Reboot and wait until you get into the rom.

Note:
I know that J provides a own Baseband package, but i use this .ftf bundle, where I mixed the 435 Firmware parts with the amss.sin of the bb.52 bundle available in the bbcollection thread and I haven't any problems with this and on that way, you haven't to flash always the normal and the modded bb if you switch between roms.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 9Lukas5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 9Lukas5 Ad-Free

18th May 2011, 07:51 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Lukas5

Cause of I read it from many users, that they get WLODs anymore on the newest Cm7 release from J and I haven't problems, I'll share a list with steps to install it, with that it worked for me perfectly.

If you have a working Recovery you can start directly with step 6

• 1. Flash with Flashtool a stock firmware
  • 2. Boot up into stock
  • 3. Activate usb debugging
  • 4. Root it (connect phone with activated debugging mode and press in flashtoll root)
  • 5. Install FreeXperiaRecovery (connect phone again, click "ask root permissions" and then click on xrecovery button)
  • 6. Download the Cm7 rom form here, and the files from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1073859
  • 7. Copying all files needed for flashing the rom on your sdcard: Cm7 rom and the Screen off fix
  • 8. Reboot and check if you can enter Recovery
  • 9. If not, start at the point where you install it via Flashtool
  • 10. If yes, take out the battery and wait ~15-30 sec.
  • 11. Now put your battery in again and flash the .ftf bundle from the thread i linked above
  • 12. If it flashed succesfully reboot and enter Recovery. Make ALL available wipes (full wipe, wipe cache, wipe system, wipe battery stats, wipe dalvik cache. I think that are all, right?)
  • 13. Flash the Cm7 rom
  • 14. Flash the screen off fix
  • 15. Reboot and wait until you get into the rom.

Note:
I know that J provides a own Baseband package, but i use this .ftf bundle, where I mixed the 435 Firmware parts with the amss.sin of the bb.52 bundle available in the bbcollection thread and I haven't any problems with this and on that way, you haven't to flash always the normal and the modded bb if you switch between roms.

Hi there. I am curious to try this. How is your battery life. Also, which version are you running, the previous "b" or "c". Reason i ask is because on your signature, it says "7.0.3-X10-J020b"
Thanks
18th May 2011, 07:54 PM |#3  
Flag Örebro
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
where can i download FreeXperiaRecovery?? I will tray this!
18th May 2011, 07:55 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag near Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avez197

Hi there. I am curious to try this. How is your battery life. Also, which version are you running, the previous "b" or "c". Reason i ask is because on your signature, it says "7.0.3-X10-J020b"
Thanks

I have runned this way J020b, I would try the c, but I can't! It's bad, but my phone is at the se service point for repairing it. But if I get it back, I'll install directly the latest Cm7 version again.
The Following User Says Thank You to 9Lukas5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 9Lukas5 Ad-Free
18th May 2011, 07:57 PM |#5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Lukas5

I have runned this way J020b, I would try the c, but I can't! It's bad, but my phone is at the se service point for repairing it. But if I get it back, I'll install directly the latest Cm7 version again.

Thanks. Will give feedback after trying
18th May 2011, 07:58 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag near Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsom

where can i download FreeXperiaRecovery?? I will tray this!

If you download Flashtool 0.2.9.1 there is FreeXperiaRecovery included. Look into the list, there wrote to click on the xrecovery button for installing FreeXperiaRecovery. The files are included in flashtool.
18th May 2011, 08:22 PM |#7  
Flag New Westminster
Thanks Meter: 731

More
@ 9Lukas5

Hey, just for clarification - I thought it was never a good idea to use the option
"format system" in the "partion tools" sub menu of xrecovery?

Doing this will erase everything - including xrecovery itself [self destruct] and therefore the user would not have any option except complete reflash if anything were to go wrong with the subsequent install.... ?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: if this is what you meant by "wipe system" in OP !
The Following User Says Thank You to nadiros For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nadiros Ad-Free
18th May 2011, 08:26 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag near Stuttgart

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiros

@ 9Lukas5

Hey, just for clarification - I thought it was never a good idea to use the option
"format system" in the "partion tools" sub menu of xrecovery?

Doing this will erase everything - including xrecovery itself [self destruct] and therefore the user would not have any option except complete reflash if anything were to go wrong with the subsequent install.... ?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: if this is what you meant by "wipe system" in OP !

Yes i ment this.............maybe you're right, cause it will be formatted by installing the rom, too.........hm..will correct op.

Edit: I made it that way always, and had never problems, so i haven't thought about it.
18th May 2011, 08:34 PM |#9  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 150

More
no its COMPLETELY fine to format system AS LONG AS, you flash the rom RIGHT AFTER (DO NOT REBOOT THE PHONE BEFORE FLASHING ROM AS RECOVERY WILL HAVE BEEN ERASED).

When you format system, and install the rom, the rom has recovery built into it as well and it installs the recovery to your system partition when you flash the rom.

So as long as you dont reboot after format system and install the rom first, your fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to BULL3TPR00F For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BULL3TPR00F Ad-Free
19th May 2011, 12:01 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Hello 9lukas5,

I thought I might mention that I've finally managed to fix my wlod but by installing setcpu on the earlier version of J's rom I was using, and setting it up to on boot run the processor at the usual 998 speed. Then I flashed the update.zip (from j's latest release, just formats the system) which didn't remove setcpu so the cpu was running at 998, this stopped all the random reboots and wlods.

I tried for a couple of weeks to use an update, trying so many different ways of stopping my phone being unusable as soon as I flashed the updates due to wlods.

Just though I'd mention it in this thread as it was on topic. Not everyones fix I'm sure, but helped me.

Cheers for all your support and help with installing the roms.

Sent from my X10 using XDA App
19th May 2011, 01:26 AM |#11  
Flag New Westminster
Thanks Meter: 731

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL3TPR00F

no its COMPLETELY fine to format system AS LONG AS, you flash the rom RIGHT AFTER (DO NOT REBOOT THE PHONE BEFORE FLASHING ROM AS RECOVERY WILL HAVE BEEN ERASED).

When you format system, and install the rom, the rom has recovery built into it as well and it installs the recovery to your system partition when you flash the rom.

So as long as you dont reboot after format system and install the rom first, your fine.

K - Right on, ty. Just so it's out there and people know ;)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)