FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Top Tech YouTubers Review the OnePlus 6!

[Q] Error 80072EE7 when try to update via Zune

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Sotos183, Junior Member on 21st May 2011, 09:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
When I try to update my Trophy via Zune I always get the "Can't check for updates right now. Please try again later. Your phone can't connect to the Internet because the server's name can't be resolved." error, with code 80072EE7.

I also noticed that this only happens if the wifi and data on my Trophy are off. Shouldn't my phone get Internet via USB and Zune or we must always have wifi on when we want to update ?

Thank you in advance

23rd May 2011, 08:27 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Anyone, please ?
23rd May 2011, 10:40 PM |#3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 72

More
What version of Windows are you running? Have you've updated Zune? Any mods that you have made to the phone?

Any particular reason why you are trying to update with the data and wifi off?
24th May 2011, 05:58 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkeyphyst

What version of Windows are you running? Have you've updated Zune? Any mods that you have made to the phone?

Any particular reason why you are trying to update with the data and wifi off?

I am running Windows 7 x64, I have the latest version of Zune and had not done any mods on the phone, it is just developer unlocked.

I have no reason updating with the data and wifi off, just thought it can be done.
28th September 2011, 01:03 PM |#5  

More
same problem here..i'm running w7 32bit.my hd7 won't update?i did hard reset my phone,and reinstalation the zune and still nothing..any help?
2nd October 2011, 05:28 PM |#6  
Flag NY

More
Seeing the same exact error code in Zune Update, Windows 7 64bit, Samsung Focus 1.3, OS version 7390. Tried on 2nd PC, same issue.

Connect Focus to my WiFi along with the USB cable tethered to PC, and error goes away.

10/3/2011 update - Works Ok on Windows XP machine I have. Was able to Disable WiFi on Focus and do Mango update trick by unplugging LAN to force find new update available with my ATT Samsung Focus.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)