FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery] ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3 Modded for Internal media

679 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,127

By solarnz, Retired Recognized Developer on 24th May 2011, 09:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ClockworkMod Recovery - Modified for Asus Transformer

OK, so this recovery will skip /data/media (Internal storage) when performing nandroid backups and also when you perform a factory reset.

This means that we can now perform nandroid backups without backing up our internal media and removing it everytime you want to do a backup.

Thanks to Bigrushdog and MadIndustries for helping out with the concept of the solution for skipping /data/media.
Also thanks to Koush and all the other developers that have contributed to clockworkmod, without you guys the android world would be completely different.
Thanks also to everyone in #xoom & #transformer that tested this.

The source code for all changes etc are available through the github repository. The two other projects that have been modified to make this recovery possible can also be viewed through my github account.

Even though this recovery has been tested, I am not liable for any loss of data or any damages done by this recovery.

==============================================
General Notes

When I refer to /data/media, this is the same as /sdcard when the transformer is booted into honeycomb. So any data that is stored in here should be untouched by this recovery.

Nandroid backups and restores don't touch the boot or recovery partitions.

If you encounter a problem with the filesystem on /data like it has become corrupt, place a blank file called "eraseData" (without the quotes) in the clockworkmod folder on your external sdcard. This will revert to the old way of formatting /data. NOTE: by doing this you will lose everything that you have in /data/media.

Versioning of recovery images:
At the moment I don't have a version number as such, instead each recovery image is timestamped in the format of DDMMYY-HHYY. So the file recovery-solarnz-120511-2030.img was produced on 12 May 2011 at 8:30 PM. This versioning is also shown in recovery when it starts.

Downloads

Recovery Zip (solarnz-R3-240511-1908) FLASHED THROUGH CWM
MD5: 4470bee75f3318f07ec1eb5ddcee1f96

Installation Instructions

Method 1 Flashing through CWM
Quote:

Download the recovery zip file

Place the recovery zip on the sdcard where clockworkmod can read it.

Reboot into recovery using "adb reboot recovery" or any other method

In recovery, select flash zip from sdcard and select the recovery zip you downloaded

Once it has flashed the zip file, be sure to reboot your transformer so it complete the flashing process.

Also, you can grab Rom Manager or QuickBoot from the market for easy access to recovery.

Changelog
Code:
  3.1.0.1 (R3-240511-1908)
- Initial release for Asus Transformer
- Modified to skip /data/media or /sdcard in nandroid backups.
- Modified formatting /data to remove directories and folders so we can keep media.
- Place a file called eraseData in the clockworkmod directory on your EXTERNAL sdcard to revert to the normal restoration method.
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to solarnz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift solarnz Ad-Free

24th May 2011, 09:35 AM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,127

Donate to Me
More
** Reserved **
The Following User Says Thank You to solarnz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift solarnz Ad-Free
24th May 2011, 09:41 AM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 2,266

Donate to Me
More
Great work. I've tested extensively and have found no problems. this does exactly what it says on the tin.

I can also confirm that this version works fine with restoring pre-existing nandroid backups from the same device.
24th May 2011, 09:50 AM |#4  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 57

More
AT LAST someones done it! Thank you
24th May 2011, 11:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Why it's specific to Transformer? What about Xoom? Does it has different data layout? I thought it should be standard to Honeycomb...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
24th May 2011, 02:20 PM |#6  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Will this be compatible with previous backups I have made? Will the previous backups still restore the sdcard folder still?

Also, +1 about why this has to be unique for the TF and can't be honeycomb universal.
24th May 2011, 04:03 PM |#7  
Flag Arlington, tx
Thanks Meter: 11

More
anyone install rom manager yet? it says that i don't have CWM recovery installed but i do because i've used it shoudd i reinstall useing ROM manager?
24th May 2011, 04:06 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm

Will this be compatible with previous backups I have made? Will the previous backups still restore the sdcard folder still?

Also, +1 about why this has to be unique for the TF and can't be honeycomb universal.

See this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...86&postcount=3
24th May 2011, 04:52 PM |#9  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 631

Donate to Me
More
Thought I'd give quickboot a try... not working for me. Anyone else use that? It just reboots my device to HC when I do Recovery or Bootloader. Oh well, I'll do it oldskool.
24th May 2011, 05:05 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViViDboarder

Thought I'd give quickboot a try... not working for me. Anyone else use that? It just reboots my device to HC when I do Recovery or Bootloader. Oh well, I'll do it oldskool.

@ViViDboarder & jtn7040

Neither of these methods will work currently to reboot into recovery. However you can use Quickboot to reboot the TF and hold the Vol Down then press Vol Up to get to recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cordy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cordy Ad-Free
24th May 2011, 05:22 PM |#11  
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 756

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy

@ViViDboarder & jtn7040

Neither of these methods will work currently to reboot into recovery. However you can use Quickboot to reboot the TF and hold the Vol Down then press Vol Up to get to recovery.

Good to know going to flash this tonite, hopefully they will be able to get this working like we have on the phones. But like ViviDboarder said I can do it old school for now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)