FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Titanium Backup has lines through apps

108 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By retnuh, Senior Member on 25th May 2011, 01:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Was running Phoenix Ultimate rom. Switched to Mosaic III Diet. Restored my apps using Titanium Backup Pro; however, some of the apps did not get installed. When I look at them in TiBu, those apps have a line drawn through them. The legend states this means the app was not installed. Were they not installed because they will not run in GingerBread?

25th May 2011, 02:53 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,855

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retnuh

Was running Phoenix Ultimate rom. Switched to Mosaic III Diet. Restored my apps using Titanium Backup Pro; however, some of the apps did not get installed. When I look at them in TiBu, those apps have a line drawn through them. The legend states this means the app was not installed. Were they not installed because they will not run in GingerBread?

more than likely they are apps that were once in /system/app/ in your old rom or specific for that rom/build

name an example of some of the apps.
25th May 2011, 03:49 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

more than likely they are apps that were once in /system/app/ in your old rom or specific for that rom/build

name an example of some of the apps.

Sound Player 1.0
TeleNav GPS Navigator 6.2.6201038
ThinkFree Office 2.0.1011,01
Speed Test 2.0.3

Thanks
25th May 2011, 04:39 AM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Sound Player is a system app, cant reinstall that with TiBu
TeleNav is part of the ATT BLOAT
ThinkFree Office is system app

dont know about speed test
25th May 2011, 05:01 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

Sound Player is a system app, cant reinstall that with TiBu
TeleNav is part of the ATT BLOAT
ThinkFree Office is system app

dont know about speed test

Actually, TeleNav was a separate app that I had downloaded from the market. Liked it a lot more that the Google navigation. I have read other posts where other people are also trying to re-install the app and can no longer find it. One post stated that AT&T had it removed from the market. Since I had the app in my TiBu backup folder, I was in hopes of being able to re-install it.
29th September 2011, 08:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm having much the same problem with Titanium Backup only I flashed Dlev 4.1 ROM from Cognition 4.1.1.

I have lines through many of my apps that I didn't think were system apps. To name just a few:

Angry Birds
Astrid Tasks
Amazon MP3
Barcode Scanner
Evernote
Facebook
Firefox

It says I have a backup of them dated today right before messing with all this ROM flashing. Most of this I don't really care about except for my 3 Angry Birds apps. I can download the others again and hopefully just sign in and all should work okay but I really want my Angry Birds progress back. To be honest a vast majority of my apps have the line through them (all but a handful) and most of those were installed with the Dlev ROM.

Any help someone could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.
29th September 2011, 08:23 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerjdaniel

I'm having much the same problem with Titanium Backup only I flashed Dlev 4.1 ROM from Cognition 4.1.1.

I have lines through many of my apps that I didn't think were system apps. To name just a few:

Angry Birds
Astrid Tasks
Amazon MP3
Barcode Scanner
Evernote
Facebook
Firefox

It says I have a backup of them dated today right before messing with all this ROM flashing. Most of this I don't really care about except for my 3 Angry Birds apps. I can download the others again and hopefully just sign in and all should work okay but I really want my Angry Birds progress back. To be honest a vast majority of my apps have the line through them (all but a handful) and most of those were installed with the Dlev ROM.

Any help someone could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

have you tried restoring them? what error message do you get?
30th September 2011, 06:56 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have not encountered any sort of error messages. The steps I'm following to restore my apps is:

1. Start TiBackup and click the Backup/Restore tab
2. Scroll down to the app I want to restore (in this case one with a line through it)
3. Click on the particular app. When I click on an app with a line through it the following options are given: Backup, Freeze, Uninstall. The backup and freeze buttons are grayed out and thus not selectable. The uninstall button is red but it is also not selectable (because that app is not currently installed on my phone). I also have an option to delete next to the backup.

TiBackup sees the backup and recognizes it as an app I just have no way to restore it or the data. However, if I go into the Market place and download the app and then go back to TiBackup I can see the app without any sort of line drawn through it and I can from there restore the app data. Once I do that all is good and everything is as it should be.

However, I really don't want to spend the time to download all my apps again as that's why I backed them up in the first place. Also, when I go into the Market and download an app it seems to work and install like it should. However, if I try and install a second app after downloading and installing the first app it gives me an error saying "error downloading 'app name'". There is insufficient space on the device." Now I know there is plenty of space on my device. According to the task manager Storage tab I have used 219mb/1.85gbs of internal phone storage. Also, if I reboot my phone and then try to download the exact same app as before I can download and install it just fine.

Thanks again for the help.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

So I did some searching around the forum it seems the insufficient space error I've been getting is something to do with the new version of the market. And I've had a work around by just going and searching for the app on my computer and it the app store sends the app to my device so that part is fine. So at least I have a work around for that.

However, I still would like to get my apps back in TiBackup for the simply reason I do have a few paid apps and I don't really want to have to purchase the apps again. I've downloaded several of the "free daily apps" from the Amazon App store and can't download them again for free.

Thanks for the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to tuckerjdaniel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tuckerjdaniel Ad-Free
30th September 2011, 02:24 PM |#9  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 4,070

Donate to Me
More
On the front page of tibu hit the menu button, choose batch, restore missing apps with data...

If there is a 0 there, go to settings>applications> manage applications>titanium backup> clear data and cache
5th December 2013, 06:53 AM |#10  
Flag New delhi, India
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If you have problem with titanium application backup you must need to hire a developer.
18th June 2017, 08:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Restore file list has strikethrough / greyed out text and fails to restore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by studacris

On the front page of tibu hit the menu button, choose batch, restore missing apps with data...

If there is a 0 there, go to settings>applications> manage applications>titanium backup> clear data and cache

You obviously have not read this thread. This has been tried and failed. Also, what you explained, is simply the way that TB is supposed to work. Do you not think that if it worked as intended, we would be having these issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markline

If you have problem with titanium application backup you must need to hire a developer.

Just because there is a bug/glitch/error in an app does NOT the user does not know what they are doing....

I consider myself a very experienced Android user. I had tried clearing the cache for the app as the first thing I did. I then uninstalled the TB, and rebooted my phone. I then reinstalled TB Root, and the Key. When I try to restore my apps from the External SD card, it lists them all, and has each of them with a line striking the names out. If I select an individual one, and try to restore it, TB pops up the RESTORING dialog box, and sits at 0%. It does the same for each and every app, either individual or in a batch restore. In a batch restore it starts with the last file name, alphabetically, Zillow in my case, and sits at 0%. I let it try to restore one single app with data for well over an hour, and it still remained at 0%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)