Which Sense ROM has shiny new things but also closest to stock?

Search This thread

oldpueblo

Jan 25, 2009
Back in the day with WinMo I loved MightyROM because he made an awesome ROM but mostly left the look and feel of stock. He didn't mess with a ton of stuff just because he could and I always appreciated that because it was rock stable. I rely heavily on my phone for business, it must be stable for all the things I use it for. I see the new "official" leak for Gingerbread and I want to give it a shot but I see these other ROMs that are now popping up thanks to the leaked kernel/libraries/whatever. They have higher versions of Sense (which I rely heavily on) and it makes me debate should I jump past the leak? So my question is this:

Which ROM past the modified Sense 1.0 in the official leak retains the most stability combined with new Sense updates? Even though 3.0 is available I'd be happy with the 2.1 that my wife is now rocking on her EVO Shift via another official leak. Which of these is a proper port from a phone with almost identical hardware, etc., so I know it's going to work flawlessly?

teookie

Feb 5, 2011
Skyrader is a sense ROM with lots of cool stuff from CM7.

Uber stable to.

willdo7474

Dec 8, 2008
I agree Skyraider! It is heavily themed Sense 1.0 so it looks sweet, has tons of customization and has the stability of stock. I have flashed all the new Sense 2, 2.1 and 3.0 roms but I always come back to Skyraider.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

GRZLA

Sep 14, 2010
I have been using Gingerbread Remix, its a beta but extremely stable. It's based on sense 2.1 but has sense 3.0 features like the lockscreen.

oldpueblo

Jan 25, 2009
Skyraider looks like it's still Froyo though, if I'm going to go through the hassle of re-setting up my device I'd rather do it with actual gingerbread, not just themed gingerbread.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
well, then you're gona have to look at the very few gingerbread roms out there since it's brand new. there's some in the development section that are PLAIN stock gingerbread sense; then there are some that are themed. i'm on optimized gingersense right now which seems real nice, and root is uploading a new release now that includes some sense 3 goodies, so you might wanna look into that.

phenol312

Feb 4, 2011
I've been loving SR 4.0 with Lous #8...but i recently moved over to the Uber kingdom rom and I'm hooked. It has so much potential...wouldnt quite recommend it for a daily driver yet unless you are the patient type :p

doubleojon

Jan 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
Stock Kingdom is pretty solid now that it's in alpha 2. Only issue I've had is with Rosie, so I just installed launcher pro. Problem solved.

Smokeey

Oct 8, 2010
College Station, TX
+1 with GingerSense RmX, great ROM, great Sense 3.0 integration, stable as can be, only problems I've had with it are related to MMS but that's cause I didn't wipe before the update :/

fLaWx

Apr 2, 2011
I'm also running the GingerSense ReMix Rom, they just released beta 3 today, its been very stable for me. Just keep in mind its still beta.

spence341

Aug 16, 2010
Milford
Do any of them have any issues with Exchange activesync?

None that I have found yet... I have flashed newtoroots and Wdfowty's sense 2.1 Roms.

I run sky raider as my daily. If you are looking for something to set up and run for a while, I'd go with sky raider 4.0. You commented about not wanting to reset everything up. The Ginger sense ports are betas and each release requires full wipe.

Last edited:

marcg611

Dec 16, 2010
SR 4.0 is currently the most stable feature packed sense rom. Waiting for ports or leaked gb builds to get more stable then ill switch. Would love a skyraider rom based on the Inc Gb leak¡!:D

ClockerXP

Sep 22, 2011
I am using the Stock Plus v3.01 ROM and loving it.

I must admit though, the only reason I am using it because I love HTCs voice recognition keyboard and I didn't know how to get that into CM7 on my Droid Incredible!