Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What kernel better?

Stock HTC

298 Vote(s)
44.41%
UNITY V5

373 Vote(s)
55.59%

[ROM][12/20/11] Virtuous Sensation v2.2.3 :: Enhanced/Optimized ROM (1.73.401.2)

1,361 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,589

By rmk40, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th May 2011, 06:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Quote:

Overview

Virtuous Sensation is a custom ROM for the HTC Pyramid series of phones (Sensation, Sensation XE, etc.). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Sensation Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements.

Quote:

Features

• Based off the official Sensation ROM (WWE 1.73.401.2), deodexed and zipaligned.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.

• Bricked kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 192000 / 1188000 (conservative). Screen On: 192000 / 1512000 (ondemand).

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Updated versions of all Market-available apps.

• All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.

• Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.

• Advanced quick settings, allowing for the configuration of options listed in this tab.

• Overscroll glow effect, tastefully done using white, to match any theme or background.

• The popular CRT off animation. We have intentionally omitted CRT on, as Sense 3.x provides impressive power on animations itself.

• Customized camera application with bitrate selection and support for using mp4 containers.

• Several custom themes, including Slate3D (CypiS), AmazingSense (CypiS), Revolution (he_stheone64) and Honey3D (he_stheone64).

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

Quote:

Credits and Acknowledgements

• Virtuous Team - This is all a collaborative effort, everyone on the team plays a key role in producing our ROMs, kernels and apps.
  • show-p1984 - Bricked Kernel.
  • Football - Countless original RUUs.
  • mike1986 - Dual core fix for Virtuous OC.
  • he_stheone64 - Additional themes: Revolution and Honey3D.

Quote:

Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.

Quote:

Links

The Following 141 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmk40 Ad-Free

29th May 2011, 06:35 AM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Screenshots

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmk40 Ad-Free
29th May 2011, 06:36 AM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for future use.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmk40 Ad-Free
29th May 2011, 06:36 AM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for future use.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rmk40 Ad-Free
29th May 2011, 07:08 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
very nice glad you are cooking for the Sensation MDJ ..missed you from the good old days with winmo on my HD2

ps : you got both sensation and GSII phones ?
The Following User Says Thank You to illuzi0n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift illuzi0n Ad-Free
29th May 2011, 07:13 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
one of my favorite cooks... from my hd2 days lets get a mdeejay revoloution theme goin in here.. happy to see you on the sensation
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boostedb16b For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boostedb16b Ad-Free
29th May 2011, 07:50 AM |#7  
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Thanks Meter: 1,071

More
yipeeeee!MDJ BUILT FOR SENSATION WAS PLANNING TO BUY DESIRE HD JUST TO GET THE DOSE OF UR BUILT NOW SURELY WILL HAVE SENSATION
The Following User Says Thank You to shhbz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shhbz Ad-Free
29th May 2011, 09:54 AM |#8  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag At home
Thanks Meter: 7,497

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-deejay

later

Hey nice to see you mdj

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to capychimp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift capychimp Ad-Free
29th May 2011, 01:32 PM |#9  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,555

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by capychimp

Hey nice to see you mdj

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Nice to see you all developers here, but I am feeling bad because its taking too long for me to grab one in India. Any way Thank-you Mdj and Capy for your precious work

Sent from my Desire HD
The Following User Says Thank You to shree.cse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shree.cse Ad-Free
29th May 2011, 05:44 PM |#10  
Flag Nieuwpoort
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi wil this work with the branded Vodafone edition?
if it does, does it remove the Vodafone logo on startup?
if so.... i'm buying it right now

Glad you are back, missed you on the HD2 !
29th May 2011, 06:43 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IannEefje

Hi wil this work with the branded Vodafone edition?
if it does, does it remove the Vodafone logo on startup?
if so.... i'm buying it right now

Glad you are back, missed you on the HD2 !

Once the Sensation has been unlocked by HTC the all new roms will work (and remove the vodafone logo, of course.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kernel unity, virtuous bass, virtuous sensation, virtuous sensation s

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)