FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Wifi issue

286 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Karooluss, Senior Member on 31st May 2011, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all! My Arc has annoying issue: after you use wifi and leave the phone for a while it drops wifi connection and you sholud reconnect:/:/ wtf wtf wtf both at 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 I am getting angry for SE this is my last mobile from this brand...

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

31st May 2011, 10:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Assume you have set the wifi sleep policy to never?

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App
31st May 2011, 11:12 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karooluss

Hey all! My Arc has annoying issue: after you use wifi and leave the phone for a while it drops wifi connection and you sholud reconnect:/:/ wtf wtf wtf both at 2.3.2 and 2.3.3 I am getting angry for SE this is my last mobile from this brand...

Same here
And i was thinking that this got fixed with .145 update.
That was (and unfortunately still is) the only bug that is really annoying to me.
After about 5-10 minutes in standby the Wifi connection is dropped completely and it takes 15-30 seconds until it is established again.
This was with 2.3.2 and still is with 2.3.3

@ IntMD

If i get the description of this setting correctly it only assumes when data connection gets switched from Wifi to 3G. Please correct me if i´m wrong.
In my case it doesn´t matter anyway because it is set to "never" but still drops the connection completely.

Regards Basti
1st June 2011, 04:47 AM |#4  
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey friends......i had issues with my wifi as well...then I changed my dlink router's channel selection to fixed not automatic ......in my case I am using channel 5 ....and have no issues now...

1st June 2011, 08:33 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chrzanow
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtojatinder

Hey friends......i had issues with my wifi as well...then I changed my dlink router's channel selection to fixed not automatic ......in my case I am using channel 5 ....and have no issues now...
Edit: I had already my AP set on certain channel : 6 ;( so now I set it on Auto mode...

Must try now

1st June 2011, 12:46 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 757

More
I haven´t problems with wifi
15th June 2011, 10:10 AM |#7  
Flag Novosibirsk
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have different d-links in office and home.

Home one is going down in very first attempt to connect until hard reset (arc shows good wifi connection though), office one is a bit harded and stand still, but arc is loosing connection after, I guess, few mbytes and need wifi turn off\on magic.

I can't describe how this *&@# annoying... :(
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)