FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

3.1 update + FPSE + PS3 remote = HAPPINESS

236 posts
Thanks Meter: 69

By ghostfaceg35, Senior Member on 1st June 2011, 01:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Updated last night. Finally got to play around with it this morning. Plugged PS3 remote into USB port on the dock and fired up FPSE. Mapped all of the hardware keys from the controller in settings and now I am playing all of the PS1 goodness I can handle. Excellent!
The Following User Says Thank You to ghostfaceg35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghostfaceg35 Ad-Free

1st June 2011, 03:13 PM |#2  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 10

More
what game u r currently playing ? and what version of fpse?
1st June 2011, 03:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
is there a chance to use a bluetooth controller aswell? or other solutions without a dock?
1st June 2011, 04:52 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

More
I haven't tried to use Motion in Joy to manully input the bluetooth mac address of my transformer yet as I am at work and motion in joy is installed on my computer at home. I am going to try that tonight and see if maybe they will pair now. I am playing Gran Turismo 2, Bloody Roar 2, Ultimate Doom, Rival Schools with no issues so far. FPSE version 0.10.31
1st June 2011, 10:52 PM |#5  
London, United Kingdom
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The ps3 remote also works great with most of the other emulators.
So far, i've tested it on my transformer with:
Gensoid
Gearoid
SNesoid
Nesoid
Gameboid
GBCoid
N64oid <- for some reason i couldn't get the c-buttons to map to the right analogue stick properly, may look into this later...
2nd June 2011, 12:18 AM |#6  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostfaceg35

I haven't tried to use Motion in Joy to manully input the bluetooth mac address of my transformer yet as I am at work and motion in joy is installed on my computer at home. I am going to try that tonight and see if maybe they will pair now. I am playing Gran Turismo 2, Bloody Roar 2, Ultimate Doom, Rival Schools with no issues so far. FPSE version 0.10.31

so u are using older version than mine,0.10.48. I alredy tried 2 games : spyro 3 and Valkyrie profile, both have sound problem . I hope someone could test em too. the graphic quality is bad if compared to N64oid emulator, the 3d texture is pixelated, the resolution is also very low, so we can see the jaggy. my question is did I make wrong configuration?
about the game rom file, is it correct they come in several files like .ccd, .img, and .sub when we extract from zip file?
thanks in advance
2nd June 2011, 12:20 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostfaceg35

Updated last night. Finally got to play around with it this morning. Plugged PS3 remote into USB port on the dock and fired up FPSE. Mapped all of the hardware keys from the controller in settings and now I am playing all of the PS1 goodness I can handle. Excellent!

I've got a master emulator game and controller compatibility thread that's growing. I'll update your findings but please stop there to post any games you have luck with.

When you say PS3 remote do you mean controller? It's wired right?
2nd June 2011, 03:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
any chance we can get a step by step how you setup the ps3 controller to fpse...
2nd June 2011, 01:09 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton

any chance we can get a step by step how you setup the ps3 controller to fpse...

Sure. Plug the PS3 controller in with USB to the dock (obviously). Fire up FPSE and choose your game. Go into the options/settings (for FPSE) and select input. Change Bluetooth pad port 1 to BGP100. Then on touchscreen I turn off the skins for the onscreen controls. This is optional but why have them on screen when you are playing with a controller. Then hit the hardware keys option. Tap the screen for each key then touch the corresponding key on the controller to assign them. Once all buttons are assigned you're done. You have to do it for every game the first time you play it then it will remember your settings for that particular game.

Also I don't run the game in full screen (someone was talking about the graphics) I run it in 4:3 centered. It looks better that way.

edit: Also didn't get a chance to use motion in joy to manually enter my transformer's BT MAC address into a ps3 controller last night to see if wireless might be an option now.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghostfaceg35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ghostfaceg35 Ad-Free
2nd June 2011, 01:38 PM |#10  

More
k thanks, i'll give it a shot
2nd June 2011, 01:47 PM |#11  

More
when i get to the part where it says press a key, nothing happens.....any idea what would cause that.

tried a different controller and it worked...weird...both work fine on the ps3.

thanks

oh and do i save within game or do i have to go to the fpse menu to save...keeps asking me to load bios, or do you have to do that each time you setup a new game?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)