FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Cyanogenmod 7.1 Nightly-Unofficial HTC MAGIC

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

By Jordan5222, Senior Member on 1st June 2011, 06:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I've compiled for my HTC Magic the Cyanogenmod rom from source.

I want to share it, maybe someone want this on his magic.

I want to thank yoshi, looking at his rom helped a lot! And farmatito for his kernel!

Thank to sada23 for the testing and the support and bug fixing!

For the Dream you need DangerSPL.

07.08.11 UPDATED!

- Updated to Android 2.3.5 and the various bugfixes of the Cyanogenmod

04.07.11 UPDATED!

- More compcache dimension values (66 max)

02.07.11 UPDATED!

19.06.11 UPDATED!

-videos now work (thanks to sada23)

18.06.11 UPDATED!

-bluetooth now it's working also on dream and 32b (Thanks to sada23)

15.06.11_2 UPDATED!

-Jit Enabled
-heap size 24m to avoid out of memory
-Working also on 32b and Dream (except for bluetooth)

ROM:
update-cm-7.1.0-Jordan-DS-07.08.11.zip

farmatito's Kernel:
auto-boot-2.6.35.13-farmatito-pershoot-ds-BFS%2B-20110518.zip

Gapps:
gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

Some Dream photos:

PHOTO 1

PHOTO 2

PHOTO 3

Some Magic 32a photos:

PHOTO 1

PHOTO 2

HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL AND UNSUPPORTED AND ALSO UNOFFICIAL.

flash it at your own risk and all comments are useful!

-Do a Wipe
-Flash the rom
-Flash gapps
-Flash the farmatito's kernel or ezterry's one, it depends on what works for you
-Reboot

When I'll build new version I'll upload here.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jordan5222 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jordan5222 Ad-Free

1st June 2011, 07:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Very interesting!

It will fill a gap in the Old Radio section. It's the only based on CM. I will test it and as soon as i can i will give some feedback.

Greetings
1st June 2011, 08:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Thank you,

Updated the .zip .. su wasn't working

1st June 2011, 09:28 PM |#4  

More
I have one question. This kernel is made by you or can i use farmatito's or pershoot's kernel?
1st June 2011, 09:33 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkjcr

I have one question. This kernel is made by you or can i use farmatito's or pershoot's kernel?

I have not compiled any kernel. I've used the kernel from yoshi rom because it worked well with my compiled system and radio/spl.

I'm new to the Magic's XDA room because I have bought this phone a couple of days ago. If you can mention to me who thanks for the kernel I will append their names to the first post, I don't want to stole anyone's work.

Also for the question, I don't know the answer.. I'm new to this phone and it's not my main phone so I don't use it so much.. If you can do some experiments I think it will be useful also for others.
1st June 2011, 11:43 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan5222

I have not compiled any kernel. I've used the kernel from yoshi rom because it worked well with my compiled system and radio/spl.

I'm new to the Magic's XDA room because I have bought this phone a couple of days ago. If you can mention to me who thanks for the kernel I will append their names to the first post, I don't want to stole anyone's work.

Also for the question, I don't know the answer.. I'm new to this phone and it's not my main phone so I don't use it so much.. If you can do some experiments I think it will be useful also for others.

Ok. I will test those two and after that i'll give feedback. Does it feel faster or stabler than Ginger Yoshi in your opinion? I know that the a creator always think that his work is the best, but i can't help it to ask anyway. :P
2nd June 2011, 12:05 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
I've used ginger yoshi for about 5 minutes just to see if angry birds runs also on others rom so slow...

I don't know what rom it's faster sorry
2nd June 2011, 02:12 AM |#8  

More
Hi again!

I can confirm that both farmatito's and pershoot's kernel works with this ROM. The ROM boots ok, but it seems a little slow. Not slower than Yoshi, but slower than carz's CM7. I don't think yoshi is a good ROM for you to look at in order to enhance your ROM. I don't know why, and it could be something that i do wrong, but Ginger Yoshi is the slowest GB ROM for Magic right now.

About your ROM itself. I think multi-language should be a priority in your list. I get some FC here and there, but nothing unbearable. In short, it's a pretty good ROM for a first try! Although i think it still needs some work on it.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Keep up with this work. It as potential. Good luck!

Greetings
2nd June 2011, 08:45 AM |#9  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Wink Fantastic work!
Brilliant Rom, I couldn't find any GB Roms that would work on my phone and then stumbled upon this one ;).............fantastic.

One issue though...........I have the same radio and spl as the creator but whenever I try and use live wallpapers they all force close, except maps?!?

It may be the kernel but I thought I would ask if any one has has similar issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to jackmanzan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackmanzan Ad-Free
2nd June 2011, 10:27 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
I will take a look to live wallpaper crashes today, maybe I can find what is wrong.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App
2nd June 2011, 11:12 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

One issue though...........I have the same radio and spl as the creator but whenever I try and use live wallpapers they all force close, except maps?!?

It may be the kernel but I thought I would ask if any one has has similar issues.

I get it work. Go to the Settings menu, Cyanogenmod, Performance, and put the VM size to 24 mb, and also turn on the JIT Compiler.

We were running out of memory with the bitmap of the wallpaper. In the next release I'll try to hard code this options into the rom.

Also if you're not using live wallpaper that things will help with performance.

Now with the cpu at 614 mhz I'm doing 360-370 on Quadrant

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordan5222 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jordan5222 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)