New Transparent Google Market 2.3.6

Search This thread

msticninja

Mar 16, 2007
Here's a nice version of the Google Market, based on the latest Market version 2.3.6. It has a blue theme with a translucent background, so you can see your homescreen wallpaper through the Market App.

Just over-write your vending.apk with this one. It's either in /system/app or data/test/froyo/system/app depending on how you installed Market in the first place.

New Market APK

attachment.php

Attachments

• Vending.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,331
  • fb-20110605-195722.jpg
    fb-20110605-195722.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6,484
Last edited:

msticninja

Mar 16, 2007
:) it worked...thanks the white text background isnt that good looking...but the blue in it makes it all worth it :)))

Yeah, some parts didn't come out correctly. I pulled it from a custom CM7 rom, and the text background doesn't show on my phone, but on Archos the text color is inverted. Strange, but still better than the stock version. ;)

minterbartolo

Dec 28, 2010
maybe I am doing this wrong or missed at step but it didn't work for me. I downloaded opened with Astro file Manager tried to upgrade and it failed installation. I am nonrooted running stock Archos 70IT software.

msticninja

Mar 16, 2007
Just over-write your vending.apk with this one. It's either in /system/app or data/test/froyo/app depending on how you installed Market in the first place.

You need root access to do this. You might be able to copy the apk to the data/app directory, or data/test/froyo/app, if you don't have root with R/W access.

Richpopski123

Nov 2, 2008
Yikes... I can't seem to get this to work. I am rooted and tired using Astro but it won't let me replace it. Oh well! It sure does look pretty.

msticninja

Mar 16, 2007
Yea,i placed the vending.apk in the wrong directory and it crashed the market,now i cant get it working again,it keeps crashing.I even formatted and reinstalled everything and still no go.

Um, you did a full reformat, and you think it still has something to do with it? There's no way. All you had to do was delete the apk that you put in the wrong place, besides, there's only a couple places you could put it that it would even be recognized.

Sorry for the trouble, but it's unrelated to my apk.

Flix123

Jan 30, 2011
I tried it, but when you open the detail page of an app, some fields are white. So I like the normal market more, but it's a nice idea.:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a nice version of the Google Market, based on the latest Market version 2.3.6. It has a blue theme with a translucent background, so you can see your homescreen wallpaper through the Market App.

Just over-write your vending.apk with this one. It's either in /system/app or data/test/froyo/system/app depending on how you installed Market in the first place.

New Market APK

attachment.php
    Yikes... I can't seem to get this to work. I am rooted and tired using Astro but it won't let me replace it. Oh well! It sure does look pretty.

You will need to use Root Explorer or ADB to replace it. Astro doesn't use root permissions, so even if you are rooted, Astro is not.