This is the usual ClockworkMod recovery, compiled from the CM7 sources with additions/modifications by j_r0dd. What I've done is only to compile it for the HTC Desire. For details, check out the link to j_r0dd's original thread for the Nexus S.
The credits go to Koush for the recovery itself and to j_r0dd for the modifications.
This is based on the latest CM7 source which I modified for myself. I take no credit for the recovery whatsoever, but I will take all the blame for my mods . We all know this is Koush's hard work. Just some things were driving me crazy personally. First was the confirmation menu. I really got sick of scrolling through all those "No"s just to flash something, so i changed it for me personally and just thought I would share. I also created a proper wipe menu. I got sick of some wipes in the main menu and the rest in the "advanced" menu. I made this more Amon_RA like. See the attached screenshot for my changes. That change has led to a few others by me. flash with fastboot or flash_image. THESE ARE NOT IN ROM MANAGER. Also if you have an issue with this take it up with me NOT Koush.
- Merged 220.127.116.11 sources from CM7 repo again (some bugfixes)
- Added option to wipe cache partition and dalvik cache at the same time
- Merged 18.104.22.168 sources from CM7 repo (support for internal/external sdcard in backup/restore)
- Rearranged wipe menu to avoid accidental factory wipes
- Added "Reboot Bootloader"
- Moved SD Card partitioning into a function of its own for both int/ext SD card
- Merged 22.214.171.124 sources from CM7 repo
- Added a menu choice of ext2/ext3/ext4 when partitioning SD card
- Updated to j_r0dd's 126.96.36.199 version. Currently no changes made by myself.
- Moved the "Wipe data/factory reset" to the bottom of the wipe menu to reduce the risk of accidental factory wipes.
- Added "Reboot bootloader" option in advanced menu.
- Added the ext4 modifications kindly supplied by roalex. Needs testing. Please make a proper nandroid backup with a proven working recovery version before trying this.
- Added "Show log" in the advanced menu. This can help when reporting errors here. Use it.
- Reverted and correctly added roalex's ext4 additions.
- Modified recovery.fstab for ext4 support on some devices.
- Removed NULL ext3 in recovery.fstab to hopefully get ext4 working properly.
- Added "Advanced backup". Now you can backup/restore individual partitions.
- Some other commits from other devs in github
- Changed file limit from 10000 to 50000 in unyaffs. Should help when restoring large data partitions fails.
- Rebased completely on j_r0dd's 188.8.131.52 source and removed roalex's ext4 additions, as it wasn't working for everyone. Now trying with the original ext4 support which is included in CWM.
- Bug fixes
These recoveries are compiled using the latest commits from koush, j_r0dd and others. That means they haven't been thoroughly tested and might have minor/major issues. I take no responsibility for any damages this thing might cause, but most things should work as intended. If you want something guaranteed to work, I think you should stick with one of the older versions.
Source code available here.