[RECOVERY][3-2-12]Clockwork Mod Recovery

3,809 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,188

Post Reply Email Thread
So I spent the weekend working on some things, and one of them was trying to get CWM fixed up. I believe that I have all of the problems fixed, but I can only do so much testing on my own. The button mappings work, and I have been using this and similar versions (bugfixes and such added since then) for about a week now. I completely removed backup/restore as my attempt to get it to work properly didn't work, so I'm guessing something else is wrong with it than what I initially found and reported to Koush. I will try to keep this updated as updates come out for CWM as well. Flash with Odin/Heimdall

Button Mapping
Vol Up / Home - Go up
Vol Dn / Menu - Go Down
Back - Go Back
Power / Search - Select Item

Flashing Tips
Use the rear USB Ports on your computer if possible, and without a USB extension cable.
When in Download mode with the battery out, put the battery back in and uncheck Auto-Reboot in Odin. When done flashing, remove the battery and USB cable, put the battery back in and reboot - credit to jami2976

Changelog
"Fix" fix_permissions - mount all partitions under mounts and storage prior to running

Put fat.format back in place so restore and data wipes work properly.

CWM 5.x Update

Fix backup/restore

0807/0808 - Not posted
Update to the latest CWM source
Fix the fix_permissions script

Using stock CWM Source
-> No more advanced options that aren't in stock CWM

More updates, hopefully fixed restore problem too.

Updated to the latest CWM Source
Backup/Restore has been added back
-Has had some successful testing, but no large scale testing or use so be careful for now
Odin dump function expanded

Initial release

Known Issues
CWM Getting over-written by stock recovery - Flash a custom kernel or delete /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
Failed to mount /sdcard error(s) - Perform the following commands with ADB:
Code:
adb shell
umount /sdcard
rm -f /sdcard
mkdir /sdcard
exit
Type each line in and press enter. Do not skip a line, or you may loose data It seems to have worked for anyone that tested and had this issue.

Download
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imnuts Ad-Free
6th June 2011, 05:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,567

Donate to Me
More
Everything works for me. Thank you. I didn't test backup tho or restore

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA Premium App
6th June 2011, 05:51 PM |#3  
Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

So I spent the weekend working on some things, and one of them was trying to get CWM fixed up. I believe that I have all of the problems fixed, but it needs testing to verify. If anyone would like to try it out and see if there are any more problems, please download and flash with Odin. The button mappings work, and I have been using it for a day and flashing things and that works as well. I have not tested out backup/restore, though I did find an issue that may have been causing the problem and put in a fix, so I'm hoping that it works as well. If all goes well, we can start using this full time, or go back and look for anything else that may be causing problems.

Button Mapping
Vol Up/Down - Navigate through the menus
Power - Select Item
Menu/Home/Back/Search - Go Back to the previous menu

Download

Ill test it. But first, did the people who bricked their phone ever find a way to unbrick it after trying a cwm restore?
6th June 2011, 05:57 PM |#4  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunSam

Ill test it. But first, did the people who bricked their phone ever find a way to unbrick it after trying a cwm restore?

Some have and some haven't. People that are having issues can't flash the package that I put together for the fix, but others have flashed it without issue.

One thing that may also be "broken" is data wipe in CWM, as it may get stuck on deleting /sdcard/.android_secure and I'm looking for why it's doing it and how to fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imnuts Ad-Free
6th June 2011, 06:01 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
My data wipe is good. I'm still trying to grow a pair and backup and restore lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA Premium App
6th June 2011, 06:05 PM |#6  
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 169

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunSam

I was never able to get it to flash the packages unfortunately. It seems hit and miss, works for some, and not others.
6th June 2011, 06:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Imnuts can we install this CWM any other way than Odin? I have been trying to get the Voodoo Kernel and CWM-2 installed but its an either or situation. If I install Voodoo kernel then CWM, I get a soft brick even though CWM says it passed.
6th June 2011, 06:14 PM |#8  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMD

Imnuts can we install this CWM any other way than Odin? I have been trying to get the Voodoo Kernel and CWM-2 installed but its an either or situation. If I install Voodoo kernel then CWM, I get a soft brick even though CWM says it passed.

You can flash with Heimdall as well, just extract and put recovery.bin in the proper place.
6th June 2011, 06:19 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Well it doesnt work lol
1. it backsups fine it seems.
2. During restore it said it couldnt mount system but hey it formatted it
3. seemed to flash a rom but everytime i reboot it goes into cwm.
4. I was able to odin fine
6th June 2011, 06:29 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
nevermind im stuck in recovery now. Can i restore with odin even tho i have the voodoo lagfix enabled before cwr bricked my phone?
The Following User Says Thank You to papi92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift papi92 Ad-Free
6th June 2011, 07:29 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
i got voodoo sound. what im noticing is it says its starting and finishes in seconds then back to brick
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)