FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My thoughts on the Arc and why im going to sell it (read if your thinking of buying!)

446 posts
Thanks Meter: 181

By keyz86, Senior Member on 7th June 2011, 01:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2011, 10:28 AM |#141  
Flag Velenzuela, Metro Manila
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Sold my arc to buy an optimus 2x and i never regret my decision. No more lags on graphic extensive games, smoother browsing, larger internal memory and screen is better too. If only ny ex-arc can handle those games that i loved i wouldn't have sold it. Just wanted to share my experience
20th July 2011, 05:59 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
i agree the notification light is in the most odd place ever. I cant even see if I got a text like i did with my x10. Have to always keep my phone sideways and upside down just to see it. And the fact that its not even bright makes it more annoying.
21st July 2011, 04:34 AM |#143  
Flag Baguio City
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacekeeper05

Sold my arc to buy an optimus 2x and i never regret my decision. No more lags on graphic extensive games, smoother browsing, larger internal memory and screen is better too. If only ny ex-arc can handle those games that i loved i wouldn't have sold it. Just wanted to share my experience

are you not having power problems with your 2X? i read a lot of threads that it has lots of random reboots and freezing issues, the same with Atrix, and right now LG faces some lawsuit about this problem not being fixed

I was planning to buy an ARC, originally was Neo, but until now, there's stock available here, and I'm afraid once it will be available it will still have the original price tag when it was officially launched, Play cost $540 and Arc $520 right now,

Arc got serious crack issues going on beside the earpiece, its hard to resell phones like this

and about Play, i don't know if there's a big issue of the handset, i am considering this for my next phone if Neo won't make it
21st July 2011, 06:00 PM |#144  
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 336

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyke13ph

Arc got serious crack issues going on beside the earpiece, its hard to resell phones like this

Sony Ericsson announced that they will cover any cracks under warranty.
22nd July 2011, 04:19 AM |#145  
Flag Baguio City
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_112

Sony Ericsson announced that they will cover any cracks under warranty.

yes, it was confirmed that they will replace it, but with same material? then i don't think this will repair anything, obviously after a couple of days/months that crack will appear again on same material.
22nd July 2011, 04:48 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhyke13ph

yes, it was confirmed that they will replace it, but with same material? then i don't think this will repair anything, obviously after a couple of days/months that crack will appear again on same material.

I agree 100% if I'm going to be without a phone every 2 to 3 months then why?
Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App
22nd July 2011, 06:02 PM |#147  
Flag Barnsley
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Im selling my arc im fed up with it now as im a flashaholic and sick of it overheating over nothing plus a few more problems

24th July 2011, 12:34 AM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Overheating means your device is faulty. My Arc is constantly about 10°C cooler than my iPod Touch and 20°C than my N97. Never even felt it warm.
Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
24th July 2011, 01:59 AM |#149  
Flag Barnsley

More
Had two arcs now and do the same and when I to.g them.up to tell them the problem all they say is Sony Ericsson know about it but its because The phone is so thin and this means u r guna feel it lot more

24th July 2011, 07:07 AM |#150  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 13

More
That is true, you will "feel" it getting warm. In normal use, call, sms, browsing, music it doesn't heat. But heavy use like games do heat the arc.
I miss my x10

24th July 2011, 08:03 AM |#151  
Flag Barnsley

More
All of the above and it heats lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)