[UPDATE 7/24][ROM][BL1.2] Honeycomb Android Illuminate for The Gtablet\Zpad T2

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 77

By linuxboxsolution, Senior Member on 7th June 2011, 06:00 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Mod Edit: As stated by forum moderator jerdog in post 814:

Quote:

FORUM RULES:

• "Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited."

The issue here is that directing traffic elsewhere is against XDA rules, and while there is no requirement to actively support your development efforts here at XDA, saying it probably won't be supported at XDA and that they can get support on your forum is kind of low and has been removed after requesting LBS do so - to which he did not after 2 days.

Thread closed.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to linuxboxsolution For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxboxsolution Ad-Free
7th June 2011, 06:55 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
will test this one. thanks

on v1.6
update 6.20.2011
~watching youtube on app and in browser are hit or miss, you should work on it to be more compatible
~so far so good though, thanks

update 6.21
~facebook FC's

will update this when i find more problems, when i find more time
7th June 2011, 07:14 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninditsu

will test this one. thanks

cool let me know what you think so far and if you let me know what the things are you missing the most and really need besides Flash. LOL but yeah I want to make this a Honeycomb that is a well rounded Android. So i want the advice of new features and such they have heard about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linuxboxsolution For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxboxsolution Ad-Free
7th June 2011, 07:47 AM |#4  
California
Thanks Meter: 515

More
Checked out the youtube video, looks pretty sweet. Will try it out tomorrow to see the improvements with hardware acceleration etc.

Edit: Let's see some benchmark comparisons between BoS and Illuminate.
7th June 2011, 09:05 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Make sure you do the following

Unzip recover.zip and move recovery folder to /sdcard folder

The recover.zip file can be found in the Roebeets thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1078897

Regards,
Kenny N
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnbuddy2002 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vnbuddy2002 Ad-Free
7th June 2011, 09:13 AM |#6  

More
Humm -- I got stuck with the boot loop . I am updating from 3588 stock recovery

Regards,
Kenny N
7th June 2011, 11:00 AM |#7  

More
After half an hour struggling, I am able to load your HoneyComb edition. I am going to play around with it.

To make everyone's life easier.

Make sure you nvflash your device first using the following nvflash image

http://www.mediafire.com/?g7vorg66iiq29vm

1. Download the nvflash image above.
2. Download the recover.zip from (http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1305415712 ) and extract the recovery folder to SD root

3. Download this honeycomb image and rename it to update.zip and copy it to your SD root

4. nvflash the nvflash image

5. Reboot with Power + Volumn up. This should bring you to the new bootloader

6. Flash the SDCard external update.zip

7. Wipes

9. Restart

G'd luck . Thanks linuxboxsolution for his contribution. I will comment later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnbuddy2002 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vnbuddy2002 Ad-Free
7th June 2011, 11:15 AM |#8  

More
Nice -- OpenGL is working perfectly. The benchmark from Quandrant is 1780. Not great but can't really complain
7th June 2011, 12:46 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxboxsolution

Last Update 6/6/2011

NOTICE: Flash still not currently Working please see

That's funny, I could have sworn you claimed previously to have "fixed flash" too!
7th June 2011, 12:55 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Does enabling OpenGL break the stock browser? Or have you done something to work around this issue?

Is the main difference from Roebeet's HCAdam and Vegacomb mashup that is Bottle of Smoke that you have enabled opengl?
7th June 2011, 03:37 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
This looks very promising, currently running BoS 3.3 and was about to jump to 4.1 but I might have to try this first. My apologies if this has already been covered but what exactly is the difference between this ROM and roe's BoS? How were you able to get hw acceleration on here while BoS lacks it?

Thanks alot for your contribution, and I'll be sure to post my findings later today.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread