[ROM][Sept26][VISION] Virtuous Unity 2.39.0 Sense 3.0 based on Pyramid

Search This thread

cjward23

Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough
virtuousunity-800.png

Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (1.35.75.1).
The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.

Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:

Screenshots

unity1.png
unity2.png
unity3.png

Features

• Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.45.401.2).

• Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.

• Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.

• Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.

• Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.

• Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.

• Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).

• WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).

• Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.

• Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.

• Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

Supported Devices

Porting Information and Credits

There has been an enormous amount of interest surrounding utilizing components or modifications from our ROMs. To this point, our policy was that any such work needed to explicitly be approved by the team. The fact of the matter is that the policy is simply not enforceable and any time consumed working to enforce it detracts from the time we have to work on Android (which is what we really enjoy). As such, we’ve decided to go in a different direction.

Going forward, ROM developers are welcome to utilize any portions of our ROM which are of interest.

Our only requirement is that you let us know about what you’re doing by sending an email to (devteam|at|virtuousrom.com), credit the Virtuous Team in your thread(s) and provide a link to our website. No response on our part is required whatsoever, we’re just interested to hear about how our work is helping you.
Our plan is to continue to innovate and push the envelop of ROM development; with the goal of staying enough ahead of the curve to merit a desire to clone our work.

Important Notes

• If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.

• You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.

Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here.

Device specific information

Warning: For G2 users:
You MUST have DesireZ HBOOT before installing this ROM ! Else it will result in a bootloop.
To do this, please follow this post.

(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)​
Check out our forums

Last edited:

slovoflud

Mar 3, 2008
Faaaantastic!!
Been waiting so long for this!

Thanks to the team!

Shnorakalutiun!

Last edited:

NexusOneOwner

Sep 2, 2010
I would just like to take this moment to thank all the wonderful Devs whom made this possible!

Let the flashing of awesomeness begin. lol

xT4Z1N4TRx

Apr 13, 2011
Wolverhampton
i bloody love this rom, managing to get 150mb free ram,no rosie resets, REALLY FAST and scoring 2289 on quadrant! thanks EVERYONE INVOLVED!

Last edited:

maus010

Apr 10, 2009
Roosendaal
Wow......working great over here! :D
90 character sms bug fixed, calender and email widgets fixed and super fast.
Have'nt found any bugs yet. Nice job dev team!

AllWin

Jul 27, 2009
Dublin
Finally i can send/receive messages as long as i want, but i already see one weird thing: long messages are being sent as MMS (at least my phone says so). Is that true? That would be deal breaker for me, as i'm sending a lot of very long messages and that costs me nothing, BUT i will have to pay for if they are sent as MMS.
Other then that, ROM feels much smoother then any previous Sense 3.0 based ROM. Nice.
By some reason i can't add photo frame widget. Mail widget is a bit oversized IMO. By the way, what's wrong with video playback while holding phone in vertical position? Half of the screen is all in green color.
What kernel is included in this ROM?

Thanks for your hard work guys!

Last edited:

nonione

Aug 10, 2009
S.S.
Thanks a lot to virtous unity you guys are ****en awesome!

Downloading right now review comes up later!

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Jan 12, 2010
There's no landscape mode when the keyboard is opened in the rosie launcher. That's the only let down :(

Sent from my HTC Vision

Reactions: qzan7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    virtuousunity-800.png

Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (1.35.75.1).
    The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.

Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:

Screenshots

unity1.png
    unity2.png
    unity3.png

Features

• Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.45.401.2).

• Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.

• Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.

• Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.

• Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.

• Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.

• Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).

• WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).

• Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.

• Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.

• Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

Supported Devices

Porting Information and Credits

There has been an enormous amount of interest surrounding utilizing components or modifications from our ROMs. To this point, our policy was that any such work needed to explicitly be approved by the team. The fact of the matter is that the policy is simply not enforceable and any time consumed working to enforce it detracts from the time we have to work on Android (which is what we really enjoy). As such, we’ve decided to go in a different direction.

Going forward, ROM developers are welcome to utilize any portions of our ROM which are of interest.

Our only requirement is that you let us know about what you’re doing by sending an email to (devteam|at|virtuousrom.com), credit the Virtuous Team in your thread(s) and provide a link to our website. No response on our part is required whatsoever, we’re just interested to hear about how our work is helping you.
    Our plan is to continue to innovate and push the envelop of ROM development; with the goal of staying enough ahead of the curve to merit a desire to clone our work.

Important Notes

• If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.

• You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.

Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here.

Device specific information

Warning: For G2 users:
    You MUST have DesireZ HBOOT before installing this ROM ! Else it will result in a bootloop.
    To do this, please follow this post.

(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)​
    Check out our forums
    Reserved for future use.
    Also reserved for future use.
    Does anyone have a mod for battery percent for this ROM?

here are some useful items and attachments i used on the rom:
    -battery percentage mod
    -super wipe
    -4g icon changer
    -remove trackpad wake
    -rom cleaner to help reduce the amount of ram this rom takes
    -htc setup remover which you can use after youve setup your phone. this saves on ram also. dont worry, if you flash another rom, the setup will come back.
    -Unity v4 kernel (link): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1121937

Instructions on Flashing:
    -Copy all .zip files to the root of your sd card
    -Boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery
    -Choose Install .Zip from sd card then choose choose .zip file
    -then just flash them according to your choosing.

NOTE: For rom cleaner, you must flash your rom and DO NOT REBOOT, right after flash rom cleaner. Also flash htc setup remover after youve setup your phone. For further instructions, read the thread of each file. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone.

If this post in anyway helped you, remember to hit the Thanks button, hope this helps :)
    Okay guys. This time a little surprise. :)
    We are already done with all testing and stuff. So here comes Virtuous Unity v1.25.0.
    Changelog lives here

Download links as always here.

Please also note that we reorganized some of the OPs and that we have now a "Special features"-post and some addons too :)

Please note that the CRT addon might break serious things for the Vision. Some users reported errors with their notification LED. So it is not recommend to flash the patch. But if you can live with the problems go for it :)

Addons for now here.

And thanks to the authour of "Ghostly Gingerbread" to let us include his app in the ROM :)