FORUMS

32GB MicroSD Reviews

497 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By iviyth0s, Senior Member on 9th June 2011, 03:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So i recently bought this microSD card:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I was really excited that 32GB cards had gotten this cheap and for a class 10 one I was ecstatic!

Turns out it was a dupe and the drive is not only slow as a turtle, it doesn't really hold anything. (put 10GB of stuff on it and after the transfer was complete I went to the phone and only ~5GB of stuff was on there)

Also the adapter that came with it doesn't even work with it, it only responded to my phone (whereas my trusty 16GB from Dane Elec worked fine in the adapter).

Here's the comparison of my badass Class 2 16GB and the shitty "Class 10 32GB"

Basically avoid any microSD sales from a user named: soundguyzbb
and I'd say it's safe to say that any microSD from the manufacturer titled "memorette" is bogus as well. I will attempt some of the other 32GB cards in this price range to see if there are any real ones.

This one will be going back for a refund tomorrow morning, I'll update if I find anything good or bad with my further market study
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iviyth0s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iviyth0s Ad-Free
9th June 2011, 04:47 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 909

More
Excellent. Just plain excellent.
You. Just saved me $30

Bravo.
9th June 2011, 05:38 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Glad to be of help, I love helping find the best deals possible while ruining bad business practices
9th June 2011, 06:26 AM |#4  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,898

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s

Glad to be of help, I love helping find the best deals possible while ruining bad business practices

Good job. You just helped save some people from getting ripped off and I thank you for that

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App
9th June 2011, 06:34 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Doing some digging around I found Memorette looks to be a good company but if you notice their highest capacity on their own website is 8GB
The ebay ones all look generic and certainly different then the real deal, scammers gonna scam!
http://memoretteworld.en.ec21.com/Mi...5_3584296.html
9th June 2011, 04:16 PM |#6  
Flag kansas city mo
Thanks Meter: 416

More
i dont even think there is a real class (10) 32gig micro card in existence.
can anyone confirm that any company even make them? the highest class 10 ive seen is an 8 gig micro sd.
9th June 2011, 11:25 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420

can anyone confirm that any company even make them? the highest class 10 ive seen is an 8 gig micro sd.

Idk but I just won a Class 2 ADATA 32GB card, I know they are a good company (I run an 8GB Class 6 SDHC in my camera from them and it's great) and am crossing my fingers I'll get another surprisingly fast card like the DaneElec 16GB.

Only cost me $40.03 with an auction, I saw some other brand name ones for $44, maybe slightly less. I'll be sure to make a review of the ADATA when I receive it. Ebay says it will be here between the 14th or 15th
10th June 2011, 12:26 AM |#8  
Flag Hillsboro, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Signat.../ref=pd_cp_e_2
The Following User Says Thank You to sctwinslow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sctwinslow Ad-Free
10th June 2011, 04:33 AM |#9  
Flag kansas city mo
Thanks Meter: 416

More
ahh. isee. the price is pretty crazy on those. prolly why i had never seen them.
warning to peeps interested. it seems the patriot brand has some iffy reviews.
10th June 2011, 07:52 AM |#10  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 65

More
82$ for 32gig card is crazy!
10th June 2011, 07:05 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Ebay put out an article to watch out for fake sd cards. Too bad you missed it.

I went with the 32gig class 10 lexar on amazon. Works great, amazingly fast transfer speeds!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)