I am proud to bring you Mondego, a ROM project brought to you by the joint forces of me and franciscofranco, whose work you should recognize if you're familiar with the Optimus One community.
Before we start, I have to warn you: Mondego's philosophy is minimalism and performance. It will be the fastest froyo you'll ever have tried (or so all our beta-testers have told us). And it will also be the one with less applications and other trash. See, we are firm believers that android's market exists for a reason; each one has his own tastes when it comes to applications so we are not going to impose you with anything unless the bare minimum. You'll soon understand what I mean. Now let us commence.
* MCR FR18 core (2.2)
* Crazy unbranding and deapking
* Gingerbread theme with AOSP feel
* HTC_IME keyboard
* Patched hosts
* Patched SQLite
* Patched camera for 1080p recording
* GPS tweaks
* Browser tweaks
* Build.prop tweaks
* Strict minfree handler tweak
* Hardware acceleration enabled
* Auto-zipalign tweak
* ZRAM tweak
* Ext4 i/o speed tweak
* FrancoKernel v1.0 (experimental)
Versions syntax: Mondego r[year].[month].[day]
FrancoKernel v1.0 features:
* OC/UV and ext4 support
* Deadline scheduler by default
* VR and SIO scheduler added for a wider choice for the user
* Reduce timer update cycles to sync with kernel
* Optimization flags
* VM_READAHEAD is now 4096 max 32 min
* lib/string.c: Improve performance of memcpy and memmove
* arm: Allow CPU-supported unaligned accesses
* SLQB memory allocator
* Provide a free area cache for the vmalloc virtual address allocator
* CFS settings tweaked
* rcu: "Tiny RCU", The Bloatwatch Edition
* Added ZRAM
* Page-writeback tweaks
* cpu_stop: implement stop_cpu[s]()
* stop_machine: reimplement using cpu_stop
* Update timed_gpio driver from CAF gingerbread kernel
* Update pmem from CAF gingerbread tree
* Update lowmemkiller from CAF gingerbread tree
* Update binder.c from CAF gingerbread tree
* Give atleast 2 MCLK cycles delay for clocks and SDCC core to stabilize
* Bring back sched_clock workaround from the v10f drop
* Support lseek(2) in ashmem driver
* Ashmem: Fix ASHMEM_SET_PROT_MASK.
* Implement read(2) in ashmem driver
* Changed vm_swappiness = 30
* mm: use memdup_user when user data is immediately copied into the allocated region.
* ARM: Precalculate vmalloc_min
* mtd: mtdblock: Add support for (selectable) 4KiB block size.
* cpufreq patch to address issue with second core forgetting min/max clock frequency
* ARM: early_alloc()
* ADD: likely/unlikely fix
* fs/proc/array/do_task_stat(): fix fstring (snq)
* Overclock to 1,550 ghz
* ARM: 6941/1: cache: ensure MVA is cacheline aligned in flush_kern_dcache_area
* fs: simple fsync race fix
* fs: mark_inode_dirty barrier fix
* More optimized compiler flags
Warning: you don't have permission from the kernel's author to use it on other ROMs. It will be made available for others along with the sources when the time is right.
* By clicking here you agree wholeheartedly to give me your soul.
(md5: 5a0d9f50660078b109d46b0c43a57a0b - sha1: 101fb9384709f1388ba395bdec9066fcb75e8b94)
* Download, wipe (data,cache) and flash (remember to use a proper CWM according to whether the file is in internal or external sdcard).
* Didn't work? then: Download, check md5, wipe (data,cache,dalvik), flash backtoext3 and flash.
If you still have problems check this out.
* Google Applications
* Pimp my CPU
* LG 2X Notifications
* LG 2X Quick recovery reboot
* Google Talk (thanks whitecobra87)
* We don't attend to requests to add applications. Use the goddamn market.
* Shortcuts on the notification bar are disabled (incompatible with theme). Just put a power control widget or get one from the market.
* Benchmarks comparison chart (thanks to our beta-tester, but remember, benchmarks don't reveal snappiness )
* How many souls I own?
* USB mode doesn't work (it will on recovery). You'll have to transfer files some other way. We're looking into it.
We messed around a bit in order to give you the fastest ROM for O2x, collateral damage is natural. We are focusing our attention on the problems.
* "I can say it's one off the fastest roms i had tried on my O2x. It nice and stable."
* "So far it's nice and small I like it."
* "Installed it late last night, very nice. By far and away the fastest rom I've used since BenButchers SuperFroyo for the Magic. "
* "Thanks for a very good ROM. I havent come across any major issues yet."
* "It is the fastest for me so far, but above all, trustworthy"
* "This is realy fast, the fastest ROM at the moment, for sure."
* "Fast, smooth and clean is how i best can describe this rom."
* "Nice wallpaper btw! loving the speed!"
* "Nice and fast, very responsive and smooth. Nice work indeed."
Special thanks to:
* ...and of course, all our beta-testers and the rest of the community.
If you grew in love with this ROM and kernel or if you just want to show your appreciation for the time we spend on trying to improve your phone, consider making a donation. It'll surely help to keep us going. You can do it through here and afterwards send a PM to franciscofranco if you wish to see your name in the credits. May I also add that he did all his work on the kernel without even having this phone, imagine if he does - give him a hand.
Also, support, suggestions and bug reporting will be easier if you just tweet me. Look into my sig.