FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy Tab 10.1 LE (Google I/O) Android 3.1 update is out!

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By ageitgey, Junior Member on 9th June 2011, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2011, 03:47 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
got it finally
I finally figure it out how to install 3.1, for me everytime it goes to update it, it was stopping at 20% and reboot

what I did was basically following the instruction in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1118132

but getting fastboot to work in Mac is not easy. What I end up doing was to download the fast boot binary from HTC website (google it) and then specify the vendor and product id manually in the command line. you can find out product and vendor id of your usb drive in profiler in mac book.

the command is something like this ( you should put the IDs of your device, they could be different)

Code:
./fastboot -p 0x0700 -i 0x0955 boot ~/Downloads/recovery-cwm_3.2.0.1-sam-tab-10.1.img
This is the first command of the tutorial (you need to download recovery image, if you have cwm recovery, skip this)

but here it is, I have 3.1.

11th June 2011, 09:19 AM |#92  
SF

More
just an update to getting my device to update to 3.1. It kept saying

"Failed to update firmware. Try again useing PC software (Kies) or visit a Samsung service centre."

After I had rooted my device, I had removed a bunch of apps I didn't want/need (amazon, kindle, etc...)

I followed this post (forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=986135#post986135) and replaced all of those deleted apps back into /system/app/ and volia. Problem fixed.

thanks!
11th June 2011, 10:05 AM |#93  
SF

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngariman

Just installed the videos app from apk works great

forgive my ignorance, what is the video app?
11th June 2011, 10:26 AM |#94  
Flag London, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onovich

"Failed to update firmware. Try again useing PC software (Kies) or visit a Samsung service centre."

After I had rooted my device, I had removed a bunch of apps I didn't want/need (amazon, kindle, etc...)

I followed this post (forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=986135#post986135) and replaced all of those deleted apps back into /system/app/ and volia. Problem fixed.

thanks!

This works too

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1119492
11th June 2011, 02:27 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

forgive my ignorance, what is the video app?

The Videos app is a new app that Google released at IO this year which allows watching personal videos and renting movies from the Android market. so far its only available on the Verizon Xoom with 3.1, I tried using the APK in the below link and it works great

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=8
The Following User Says Thank You to ngariman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngariman Ad-Free
11th June 2011, 05:19 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngariman

The Videos app is a new app that Google released at IO this year which allows watching personal videos and renting movies from the Android market. so far its only available on the Verizon Xoom with 3.1, I tried using the APK in the below link and it works great

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=8

Sweet, I just did adb install Videos.apk and it worked perfectly
11th June 2011, 06:11 PM |#97  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pershoot

factory reset in the stock recovery will wipe media (internal sdcard).

use fastboot to boot CWM and get your files.

OK. After some tinkering I got fastboot to recognize the device and successfully booted into CWM. However, I'm stuck here. I can't mount data (get an error message that says "error mounting /data!") and I can't mount USB storage (get an error message saying "E:Unable to open ums lunfile (No such file or directory)." However, I can mount system and efs, but I don't know if that's helpful.

Any advice on how I can progress from here to recovering my files from the internal SD card?

P.S. - For those stuck on getting the correct drivers to install, go into device manager, right-click on fastboot and click update then choose browse computer for driver software. On the next screen don't browse to any folders. Instead, you should see an option that says "let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer." Click that and you should see a list of devices. Choose Android phone and then you should see menus that allow you to select different devices/companies and displays compatible drivers. Choose Samsung, pick the adb driver and go from there.
12th June 2011, 09:01 AM |#98  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Is anyone else having problems updating to 3.1?

Each time I download the update, while installing I get a message saying "Update Failed"

Quote:

thanks!

I think I am having the same problems as you. I will give this a try.

Thanks.
12th June 2011, 09:14 AM |#99  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 162

More
edit: oh i need to remove CWM. No wonder.
12th June 2011, 11:13 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ageitgey

Thanks to Samsung for the prompt update! Thanks to Google for the free tablet!

You got it backwards.

Its Samsung you should thank for the free tablet.

Its Google you should thank for the prompt update.
13th June 2011, 03:30 PM |#101  
Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any idea on why Videos app is not part of this update?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google i/o, honeycomb

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)