[Fix]EE4 sdcard write protection for root users

266 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

By DroidXcon, Senior Member on 10th June 2011, 08:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
XDA developers, Kejar, nor I are responsible for anything you do to your phone so as always use with care

For those of you using a custom kernel with Build EE4 to gain root and have run into the Write protection pop up when trying to transfer files to your sdcard.

sdcard patch:
  • simply download below
  • place on sdcard
  • and flash using clockwork

All credit to Kejar , so please remember to thank him
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to DroidXcon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DroidXcon Ad-Free
10th June 2011, 09:00 AM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 163

More
You are a beast!!!
10th June 2011, 09:33 AM |#3  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I think his username is kejar, BTW.
10th June 2011, 10:07 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhd

You are a beast!!!

Why aren't you on irc foo?

Edit: KELJAR IS A BEAST!!!!

Btw dxc...keljar said it was a dam easy fix. Give me my macchiatos back!

Ill refund you tomorrow EDIT: DONE

and its as easy a fix as anything else is i never said it was a hard fix...ill pull the whole thread sorry
10th June 2011, 12:28 PM |#5  
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 169

Donate to Me
More
After first running this patch, the first time I plugged it in the usb storage option popped up, but then never came up again. I ended up having to go into Setting>USB Settings while the phone was unplugged and changing it to "Ask on Connection" and it works perfectly. When the "Mass Storage" Option is selected, Windows recognizes the phone as a cd rom. Thanks for all your work DroidXCon, Kejar, and everyone else.
10th June 2011, 03:29 PM |#6  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 4

More
How to Save it on SD when Its readonly
If the SD card is in read only mode, then how can I save the zip on sd card? Also the usb is not recognized because iof it being a read only mode
10th June 2011, 04:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukshmani

If the SD card is in read only mode, then how can I save the zip on sd card? Also the usb is not recognized because iof it being a read only mode

I would suggest putting the file on the SDcard before you update or pull the sdcard out and use a micro USB card reader to put it on.
10th June 2011, 04:06 PM |#8  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,188

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukshmani

You can unmount the SDCard and push the file to the SDCard via adb. The SDCard is only read-only when it is mounted as mass storage. I have a feeling that this change is going to cause a few short-term issues with custom kernels at some point, but only time will tell.
10th June 2011, 04:06 PM |#9  

More
BTW - TY to kejar & DroidXcon, regardless of how easy a fix is or isn't they still deserve all the props and I will gladly donate the macchiatos to the guys, consider it done
10th June 2011, 04:08 PM |#10  

More
imnuts, I know you are working on an update to your debloated ROM, likely built off of EE4, will you be using a custom kernel in yours or stock until we know if it will cause issues?
10th June 2011, 04:12 PM |#11  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidXcon

Ill refund you tomorrow EDIT: DONE

and its as easy a fix as anything else is i never said it was a hard fix...ill pull the whole thread sorry

Aw man. I was kidding, dxc.

Sorry if I offended you.

For reals, I was just joking around. I guess it didn't come off that way.

My bad. Sorry.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)