FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

5,854 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,208

Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2018, 02:24 PM |#13751  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burak.82

hi, registered user here, love your app. i have a small issue. i try to cast from my phone to my tv and movie starts however after 2-3 secs , it drops .

i am streaming from my pc thats sitting at the end of the flat, pc connected via tp-link powerline adapter with 100mbps.

what can be the isse? thanks alot

@burak.82

You can send me a log file if you wish, attempting to stream a problematic movie to your TV until it stops. See first post for logging instructions.

14th June 2018, 02:27 PM |#13752  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimei

@bubbleguuum

How is "DSF(DSD) file's tags support" going?

@taimei

It's been totally forgotten due to the work on v3.
I will look into it after v3.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 02:31 PM |#13753  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilsDemons

I'm trying to use the app on my note 8 and it tells me to enable Setting>local and cast> enable remote browsing. I enabled nearby device scanning but I can't seem to find the equivalent on android 8.0.

@TheDevilsDemons

It refers to BubbleUPnP Settings, on the device on which you want its local media to be accessible by other devices. It has nothing to do with 'nearby device scanning'.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free
14th June 2018, 04:20 PM |#13754  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Multiple Duplicate Servers showing in App and Server
Suddenly started having duplicte servers show up in the app and can't find a way to "clear the cache" or anything like that.
I have unchecked each server in the webui and restart the bubble server, hoping to clear them, but it hasn't worked.

I now have 4 icons for each of my media servers and can't tell which are the "real" ones.

I searched back through the forum, but other references to duplicates were advised to check "settings > network" which no longer exists in the app or on the server admin.

THanks for the help!
15th June 2018, 06:44 AM |#13755  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is there any sort of a renderer that I can plug into a TV that will allow me to stream from my phone and does not require an internet connection. Preferably without the need for a local network. I use Bubbleupnp with chromecast and it works great, but I'm thinking of hotel rooms.
16th June 2018, 11:35 AM |#13756  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just installed the latest v3 beta on my Android 8, I noticed the "stop" button is missing and there is also no way exit BubbleUPnP from the drop down notification. Exiting from the app requires pressing "more" then "X" which is a bit counterintuitive, took me a while to figure out.

May I also ask what "extract embedded subtitles" actually does? I assume it allows you to use the subtitle embedded within the videos, but it has never actually worked?

Another problem with BubbleUPnP is that seeking bar is extremely difficult control. I have to go off the edge of the screen to get to the seeking bar. But then I'd find myself inadvertently bring up the side menu instead of seeking. And the bar is too thin and the timer is blocked by the finger when adjusting. Hopefully, v3 would improve on that eventually.

Update: I see the notification X button has been answered above already.
16th June 2018, 08:39 PM |#13757  

More
hi,

this could be me not following changes closely enough, but i had a problem with volume that i eventually tracked to a bubbleupnp setting.

when i use my ultraRendu in mpd/dlna mode all was fine but when i set the ultraRendu to NAA mode i got no sound.
after debugging my HQPlayer and ultraRendu settings (and finding nothing wrong), i found that my bubbleupnp volume was at minimum with the NAA
renderer. I didn't notice this because i had disabled volume control (I thought) and therefore hidden the volume slider.
When i unhid the volume, the problem was clear and moving the slider to 100% got me where I wanted to be.

Is this because there are/were now 'per renderer' volume levels saved somewhere?
If so, I didn't see that setting.

so, i'm fine here now, but wanted to pass this one to 1) get clarity here on what was happening and 2) give you a heads up in case someone else runs into this.

thanks for a fine app!
17th June 2018, 02:48 PM |#13758  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplydat

Just installed the latest v3 beta on my Android 8, I noticed the "stop" button is missing and there is also no way exit BubbleUPnP from the drop down notification. Exiting from the app requires pressing "more" then "X" which is a bit counterintuitive, took me a while to figure out.

May I also ask what "extract embedded subtitles" actually does? I assume it allows you to use the subtitle embedded within the videos, but it has never actually worked?

Another problem with BubbleUPnP is that seeking bar is extremely difficult control. I have to go off the edge of the screen to get to the seeking bar. But then I'd find myself inadvertently bring up the side menu instead of seeking. And the bar is too thin and the timer is blocked by the finger when adjusting. Hopefully, v3 would improve on that eventually.

Update: I see the notification X button has been answered above already.

@simplydat

Notification X button will be back in the next update, replacing the 'prev track' button.

"extract embedded subtitles" is done by BubbleUPnP Server to extract eventual text based embedded subtitles in MKV and MP4, for playing to Chromecast.
It does work but it can take up to a few minutes to extract, the first time a video is played. Then the sub can be toggle on in the Now Playing screen.

Seeking: you can tap anywhere on the horizontal seek line, then drag the slider. While keeping dragging you can even go down to see the seek handle better.

Stop button: it's gone but you can Stop by long pressing the Play/Pause button.
17th June 2018, 02:50 PM |#13759  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man

hi,

this could be me not following changes closely enough, but i had a problem with volume that i eventually tracked to a bubbleupnp setting.

when i use my ultraRendu in mpd/dlna mode all was fine but when i set the ultraRendu to NAA mode i got no sound.
after debugging my HQPlayer and ultraRendu settings (and finding nothing wrong), i found that my bubbleupnp volume was at minimum with the NAA
renderer. I didn't notice this because i had disabled volume control (I thought) and therefore hidden the volume slider.
When i unhid the volume, the problem was clear and moving the slider to 100% got me where I wanted to be.

Is this because there are/were now 'per renderer' volume levels saved somewhere?
If so, I didn't see that setting.

so, i'm fine here now, but wanted to pass this one to 1) get clarity here on what was happening and 2) give you a heads up in case someone else runs into this.

thanks for a fine app!

@cat6man

BubbleUPnP never sets the volume by itself. It only sets it if you explicitly change volume via hardware buttons, on screen slider or buttons etc.
17th June 2018, 02:53 PM |#13760  

More
I'm getting transition not available (code 701). How would I fix this?
17th June 2018, 05:38 PM |#13761  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

@cat6man

BubbleUPnP never sets the volume by itself. It only sets it if you explicitly change volume via hardware buttons, on screen slider or buttons etc.

understood. my question is whether or not this setting is global or per renderer.

cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)