FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

5,854 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,208

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd July 2011, 12:18 AM |#21  
Flag Mallorca
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

2. Not a priority for the initial stable version but in consideration for future versions. Landscape is mostly useful for tablets as it is the natural orientation

it's not only useful, it is a basic feature for tablet owners . Personally, I will buy the app if it supports lastfm scrobbling and landscape mode.

5th July 2011, 06:15 AM |#22  

More
I am having an issue playing back FLAC files with album art. I am using the Local Renderer on a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate running Android 2.2. The files are on my network storage server running Debian Squeeze with minidlna as the server software.
The BubbleUPnP player displays the art, correctly identifies the file as FLAC with bitrate and track length, but does not play the file. It just sits there at 0:00 with the play/pause icon displaying the pause icon. This only happens with FLAC files with cover art. FLAC files without cover art play beautifully.
It may have something to do with cover art embedded in the tag.

Thanks, great app!
5th July 2011, 11:10 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmasg

it's not only useful, it is a basic feature for tablet owners . Personally, I will buy the app if it supports lastfm scrobbling and landscape mode.

Landscape mode will be in the next beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio1111

FLAC files without cover art play beautifully.
It may have something to do with cover art embedded in the tag.
Thanks, great app!

Thanks for reporting, I'll look into it.
6th July 2011, 09:30 PM |#24  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Landscape mode will be in the next beta

When do you think will arrive the next beta?

And when it becomes a paid app, how much will it cost? I would pay for it...

The last thing. Is it possible to show the photographs without download them? Like the music or the videos...

Thanks and congratulations for a great job
6th July 2011, 11:20 PM |#25  

More
iPad?
Will this work with any iPad apps so I can stream a video from my phone to my ipad?
7th July 2011, 02:47 PM |#26  

More
Nice work bubbleguuum. I can vaguely remember your foo_discogs plugin which was great also

It tried bubbleupnp and am missing something to sort the tracks by filename/cd/tracknumber instead of title?
Or does this have to do with my upnp server?
9th July 2011, 08:44 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoah

When do you think will arrive the next beta?
And when it becomes a paid app, how much will it cost? I would pay for it...
The last thing. Is it possible to show the photographs without download them? Like the music or the videos...

Price is still undecided. Maybe a photo player will make it in the future but not a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampgevaar

Nice work bubbleguuum. I can vaguely remember your foo_discogs plugin which was great also

It tried bubbleupnp and am missing something to sort the tracks by filename/cd/tracknumber instead of title?
Or does this have to do with my upnp server?

It's related to the upnp server. The app only displays items in the order the server returns them. If you browse your server by filesystem structure, you'll probably have the files listed in whatever is the default order of the remote filesystem, which most of the time will be alphabetically.

Any way, 0.9.9.5 is available on the Market with landscape support and fixes:
  • new: landscape mode
  • Library: browse compatibility fixes with some Media Servers
  • Library: cleaned up context menu for video items. Tapping a video item now always plays it
  • attempt at improving stability on Android 3.0.1+
  • various fixes and enhancements

The Following User Says Thank You to bubbleguuum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubbleguuum Ad-Free
16th July 2011, 02:38 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sadly its still not working on WD TV Live!

The progress bar works most of the time, but playing next track doesnt work at all.

I will send you a log to your mail address...

Best regards

debay
16th July 2011, 02:45 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debay

Sadly its still not working on WD TV Live!

The progress bar works most of the time, but playing next track doesnt work at all.

I will send you a log to your mail address...

Best regards

debay

Try enabling the "Alternate track advance" method in Settings>Advanced Settings. It may now work now since it needs working playing track elapsed time.

Some WDTV Live models have a huge bug in the renderer: they don't advertise the Control Point of their "playing" state, so the app cannot know it is playing something.

That, and their Media Server loves to send invalid XML (which I workarounded).
16th July 2011, 03:53 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Try enabling the "Alternate track advance" method in Settings>Advanced Settings. It may now work now since it needs working playing track elapsed time.

Some WDTV Live models have a huge bug in the renderer: they don't advertise the Control Point of their "playing" state, so the app cannot know it is playing something.

That, and their Media Server loves to send invalid XML (which I workarounded).

sorry, didnt mentioned that i already tried that - still not working.

i tested so much apps on android and iOS and most of them can play the next track without problems - so i think that this can be fixed...

EDIT: for example it works with "UPnPlay"
23rd July 2011, 09:41 PM |#31  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 1

More
nice player, has real potential, I use it for music playback from my upnp nas server, works great.

Some observations: jpg files on my upnp device are displayed as music files (music notes icon)
Perhaps some (more) buffering, playback gets garbled (stutter) when I'm even not that far away from my wifi router.

I hope you keep developing!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)