FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[APP][4.0+][v2.8.3.1] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

5,821 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,193
 
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2012, 08:54 AM |#621  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Since Server version 4 the server isn't accessable anymore through the internet. I have portforwarding from my router to the qnap nas where the java applet is running but it seems that the applet isn't listening on the specified port. It's only listening from the lan but not from the wan. Because when i enter the local ip: 192.168.1.XX:YY (XX = IP, YY = Port) it works. But with for example dyndns it does not work (Portforwarding is right!).

Thank you for your effort!
 
 
11th February 2012, 10:29 AM |#622  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I use following configuration:
PS3 Media Server with default renderer configuration
SonyBravia KDL EX500
and Bubble Upnp on SGS2.

All I get is Action SetAVTransportURI failed (code 714).

Repro steps:
1. PS3 Media server running, TV turned on, visibkle on the renderer and server lists.
2. Selecting the above as active renderer-server pair.
3. any movie in any format (tried mkv, mpeg, wmv) and it returns the error above.

4. Works ok with windows media server.


The (not)funny part is that it worked for 15 minutes perfectly, but now I can't get it back to work anymore. Any hints?
11th February 2012, 01:01 PM |#623  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,193
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winxi

hi bubbleguuum,

three things:

1) i don't really know if this is a bug or a feature: if a video is tapped in the library view, the current playlist is cleared and the selected video begins to play imediately (even if the 'track tap action' option is set to 'enqueue tapped track'). for music tracks it works as intended.

2) a suggestion concerning the UI: a 'search' tab would be great (in addition to 'now playing', 'playlist', 'library' and 'devices' tabs). sometimes it would be great to switch from a search result to another view without loosing these search results. so the suggestion would be either an additional tab, or to integrate the search results with the library view.

3) a question about BubbleUPnP Server: Do you plan to integrate a media server with the software? this would be my ultimate dream - bubble media server running at my NAS. I'm quite sure, many people (including me) would pay an adequate price for this.

Even though i'm repeating myself - i have to say that this is a really great software you have developed. I have tried many upnp software for android (free and comercial), but BubbleUPnP is by far the one best working, it's nearly perfect!

many thanks, winxi

1. That was intended but I can see how it is confusing. I've changed it so tapping a video item now honours the "Track tap action" settings when playing to an external renderer.

2. Noted but it is problematic to implement well UI wise

3. No plan to make BubbleUPnP Server an UPnP AV Media Server. There's no need as there is no shortage of capable Media Servers already. But you can expect some innovative features for BubbleUPnP Server in the future.
11th February 2012, 01:02 PM |#624  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,193
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaps

Sorry if this already has been suggested:

It would be great if BubbleUPnP could be enabled by other apps to play certain files. An example: I listen to a lot of podcasts and my favourite podcatcher is Pocket Casts. If you long press a podcast episode you can select "Play in external player". If i click that I can choose between different players that I have installed. It would be great if BubbleUPnP could be utilized this way, too.

Noted. Any particular reason you would like to play podcasts in BubbleUPnP rather than the podcast app itself or any other app ?
11th February 2012, 01:03 PM |#625  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,193
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vHi

Since Server version 4 the server isn't accessable anymore through the internet. I have portforwarding from my router to the qnap nas where the java applet is running but it seems that the applet isn't listening on the specified port. It's only listening from the lan but not from the wan. Because when i enter the local ip: 192.168.1.XX:YY (XX = IP, YY = Port) it works. But with for example dyndns it does not work (Portforwarding is right!).

Thank you for your effort!


Can you mail me the log file (server.log, in the install directory) at bubbleguuum@free.fr ?
11th February 2012, 01:06 PM |#626  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,193
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakers

I use following configuration:
PS3 Media Server with default renderer configuration
SonyBravia KDL EX500
and Bubble Upnp on SGS2.

All I get is Action SetAVTransportURI failed (code 714).

Repro steps:
1. PS3 Media server running, TV turned on, visibkle on the renderer and server lists.
2. Selecting the above as active renderer-server pair.
3. any movie in any format (tried mkv, mpeg, wmv) and it returns the error above.

4. Works ok with windows media server.


The (not)funny part is that it worked for 15 minutes perfectly, but now I can't get it back to work anymore. Any hints?

It looks like the TV doesn't like the mime-type of the streaming URL it is being sent. Can you record and send me a log file as explained in the first post of this topic ?

EDIT: DLNA TVs are usually super picky and restricted in the video formats they will accept. Most of them only accept DLNA required codecs which is mostly MPEG4 / MPEG2 / WMV. So forget MKV without transcoding (or remuxing in another container).
If it worked with PS3 Media Server at some point, it can be that you changed its configuration.
11th February 2012, 02:02 PM |#627  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Is it possible to include an audio and video sync on differnet DLNA renderes?

I have one upnp server (xbmc) and differnet players/renderes in my network. It would be perfect if you could take your music with you if you leave one room. The sync of the streams doesn't have to be in perfect but within a small time window of a few seconds it should be possible.
11th February 2012, 04:17 PM |#628  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

Noted. Any particular reason you would like to play podcasts in BubbleUPnP rather than the podcast app itself or any other app ?

Thanks. Because sometimes I don't want to listen to podcasts on my smartphone itself but instead stream it to a media renderer. At the moment I manually select the podcast file downloaded by the podcatcher on the SD card, but this is very inconvenient.

The device I stream to mostly is the Denon RCD-N7 (Ceol) which works perfectly fine with BubbleUPnP btw. Even the volume control works like a charm.
11th February 2012, 04:33 PM |#629  
Junior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenBooko

Anyone having issues with version 1.30? Any time I load a file through Ps3 media server and try to pay it in either mobo or vplayer, it just hangs at the respective loading screen. Can't get anything to play now it seems.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Nvm, ps3ms was the culprit.


Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
11th February 2012, 04:36 PM |#630  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleguuum

It looks like the TV doesn't like the mime-type of the streaming URL it is being sent. Can you record and send me a log file as explained in the first post of this topic ?

EDIT: DLNA TVs are usually super picky and restricted in the video formats they will accept. Most of them only accept DLNA required codecs which is mostly MPEG4 / MPEG2 / WMV. So forget MKV without transcoding (or remuxing in another container).
If it worked with PS3 Media Server at some point, it can be that you changed its configuration.

I think it is PS3 media server issue, I posted a bug report in PS3 mediaserver forums:
Board index ‹ Support ‹ General Help and Support >> BubbleUpnp as an Android remote

(I can't post external links here yet )

BubbleUPnP works only when first I play the content directly from TV. Then I can push any content to it.

Log sent to you by email.
12th February 2012, 11:52 AM |#631  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,193
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakers

I think it is PS3 media server issue, I posted a bug report in PS3 mediaserver forums:
Board index ‹ Support ‹ General Help and Support >> BubbleUpnp as an Android remote

(I can't post external links here yet )

BubbleUPnP works only when first I play the content directly from TV. Then I can push any content to it.

Log sent to you by email.

Indeed, looking at your post on the PS3 Media Server board, it looks like a PS3 Media server issue: first HEAD request reply to the TV is definitely wrong. With your insightful report they should not have much problem fixing it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes